Chapter 35: Darkness and Echo

I wondered if anyone who underwent death felt like this

Like, all memories of you being alive were suddenly there in front of you, playing like a silent, black-and-white movie. From the smiles of your parents when they saw you took your first step until the day when your death knocked on your door. All those happy days full of smiles and those sad days where the frustration lurked in became moving pictures that unconsciously brought you back to those moments.

And, suddenly, those pictures were fading out with the blinding lights, and your surrounding was in darkness once again. Alone.

Along with no echoes. 

It was just like those times when I unconsciously counted down to the time when I would finally meet with my whole family. It was like those times when I hoped under the stars for Moon Goddess to take me away from this horrible life. It was like those times when I just stared blankly at the kitchen, waiting for some kind of horrible surprise saying that all of these bad things were just a set-up.

Emptiness.

Something warm, yet rough suddenly engulfed my hand, saving me from making myself drown in my own pity. The feeling was overbearing; it was like my body was flying above the clouds with butterflies surrounding me. Then, I felt something soft touched the back of my hand, rubbing my hand slowly with its wet texture.

"Please, wake up," a deep, angelic voice murmured in helplessness. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" That voice let out a sob, making an echo in the dark space I was in.

Was it possible that the Grim Reaper was crying and made a mistake of taking my soul away?

There goes my happiness.

"I'm stupid! Yes! I'm stupid, Cupcake! I get that!" The so-called Grim Reaper suddenly raised his voice to the point that I could feel my hand slightly tremble in fear. "But, you don't have any idea how I passed each day without you! You don't have any idea at all!"

Warm water immediately attacked my hand once he was full on sobbing-mode again. Grim Reaper should not cry over his prey, or probably this was what Grim Reaper would usually do to those souls he had taken.

Took them from the world they were living in and mourned over their dead bodies.

"I'm broken each day," he murmured softly as if he was not sure of what he was saying. "Seeing you there staring with your doe eye on me in the hallway every day was enough for me to fight with my own wolf. He just didn't understand... I would put you at risk once I accepted you as my Luna. Why won't anybody understand that?"

Although he seemed mad, his words were running from his mouth slurredly, almost like he spent the night drinking vodka non-stop. 

Grim Reaper should not drink vodka all night long; he had to take countless souls on earth.