Dodgeball

Tom's POV

Four years later

"Daya! Wait up!" I called rushing towards the college junior who was going to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Tommy, hey!" She responded turning around.

"What did I say about calling me 'Tommy?'" I whined.

"To not do it, but since when do I listen to you?" She pouted.

"Obviously never," I returned.

"Look, you're like a old British man, so would you prefer 'STANLEY?'" Zendaya said.

"No, ew, that's a middle name for a reason!"

"And what is that reason?"

"If I knew, I would tell you."

"Well, of course you would, we tell each other everything."

"Yes, we do. So, what are you doing later?"

"Well, I heard about a party in the upper girls dorms, it's being thrown by the LOVE girls, but still seems fun."

"I will go as long as you PROMISE to keep them away with me and stick with me the ENTIRE time!"

"Like a fly to paper."

"You're the fly, right?"

"Ask me that one more time and I will tell the LOVE girls where your house is, so that way when you go home for vacation, Vivian will be waiting there for you."

"FINE, but I would think you would be more adamant about your best friend's safety!"

"Are you coming or not?"

"Yes, I'm coming! Now let's go to lunch, J and Laura are already waiting for us!"

"Okay, let's go."

As we enter the cafeteria, we saw Laura and Jacob sitting at our usual table. Sometimes Tony would join us, but most of the time he sat with his jock friends.

"Hey," said Jacob, who was on his phone.

"Did you guys hear about the LOVE girls party?" Said Laura, poking at her pasta.

"Yeah, we were thinking of going," Zendaya said, eating her salad.

"Jacob and I were planning to go to a movie, so we were wondering if you guys wanted to come," Laura said. "We would be back before the party starts."

"Which one?" I asked, biting into my apple.

"Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom," Jacob said, excited.

"Oh, that sounds awesome, I've been dying to see it!" My voice getting louder.

"Yeah, same!" Interjected Laura. "I heard there's a great new actress, Isabella Sermon in it. She's super young, and she's making her big debut in this-- I can't wait to see her!"

"Sounds good to me, but my car broke down and I need a ride." Zendaya frowned.

"Jacob's car is at his house, so I have to take him, and drop Angelie and Oliver off first, so I'm all full-- can you do it, Tom?"

"Yeah, of course, Z! When is the showtime?"

"6:45, and it's going to go until about 9:00, so we should be back just in time to get ready for the party," Laura said, confirming on her phone.

"Cool, lunch is almost over and I have to change for Phys Ed, but see you guys later-- Jacob, wanna come with?"

"Sure, I'm finishing up anyways," Jacob said, grabbing his tray and walking towards the exit with us. As soon as we walked away, I heard Laura and Z putting their heads together, talking feverishly.