Chapter Forty One

My eyes snap open and I leap up, the fog already gone

My eyes snap open and I leap up, the fog already gone. I must've been asleep for a while, dammit. Hopefully, Wil didn't leave without us.

I race to the nearest boy and yank at the chain, ripping it out of the wall with a strength I didn't even know I had. Within almost no time, I have all the boys freed.

"Let's go!" I hiss at the boys who are still blinking, trying to wake up.

"Oy!" Gabriel shouts. "Quit yelling! I have the mother of all headaches!"

"We should spread out and look for a light switch," Axel advises.

"Good idea," Owen agrees. "Sang, do you know where the light switch is?"

"The light switch?" I echo. "You guys, the lights are already on."

That's when I notice it. The fact that none of the boys are looking directly at anything. The redness in their eyes. The way that they are stumbling around with their arms out as they try to find their way around.

"I believe... We are blind," Sean announces slowly.

"From the fog..." North murmurs.

"Let's figure it out later," I instruct. "We need to focus on getting out of here."

"Agreed," Silas says.

"Big Bear, can you see?" Raven asks.

"Yes, I can see," I answer in English so the others know as well.

Nathan declares, "You will just have to lead us, Sang."

"Preferably without letting us get injured or killed," Luke adds.

"Please," I scoff, nabbing the keychain that the idiots left laying out. "I already lead you guys. You're my pets. This will be a walk through the park."

"I'm glad one of us is confident," Marc mutters under his breath.

I must be confident. The boys are trying to hold it together, but it is clear that they are freaking out inwardly. Honestly, I can't blame them. It must be terrible to wake up as a prisoner and discovering that you are blind. Besides, speaking with the two people in my dream gave me a burst of confidence. They gave me a plan, a comfort, and friendship, even if it was only for a little bit.

Slamming the door open, we burst out of the hidden room and out of the bedroom into the hallway. But the hallway is not empty.

"Well, well, well," He chuckles. "What do we have here?"

I glare at him, waiting to see what he will do.

"Your parents are awfully worried," He announces.

What?

I killed my parents.

He must be lying. He must be.

"Liar," I spit, not dropping my glare. "I killed those fools."

"Okay, then, little girl," McCoy agrees, almost too quickly.

Roaring, I slam back the memories that emerge at the sound of his voice saying those words.

"Little girl..."

Lightning fast, I draw a knife and throw it straight at his head, but he dodges out of the way just in time. An unimpressive and unsurprising feat. After all, he is a mafia leader. He is a skilled fighter and used to combat. What he doesn't pay attention to is the second knife.

McCoy's dull brown eyes widen with shock as he looks down at the knife plunged into his stomach.

"This way!" I yell to the boys.

Together we race toward the roof, shoving people out of our way. We thunder up staircase after staircase. I take the key and use it to open the backdoor to the roof. Going this way allows me to bypass security and get to Wil and the jet quicker.

"Ladder here," I warn Corey who is right behind me.

I guide his hand to the ladder and he does the same with the brothers behind him.

"Wil!" I shout frantically, climbing up the ladder as quickly as possible.

I am relieved to note that the jet is still there. The fifteen of us spill onto the roof with Corey in the rear. We are all shouting and making noise, trying to get his attention and see whether or not Wil is still in the jet. Hopefully, he didn't decide to go searching for us or get caught.

In response to our shouting, the jet roars to life and the back opens up. Sprinting, we climb onto the jet and I close the hatch in the back as we slump to the ground, relieved and exhausted. Our breathing is ragged from our panicked sprint through the halls and up several flights of stairs.

"Glad you guys could make it," Wil announces drily as we take off.

I merely smile, glad to have made it. A sense of security passes over me as I look at each of the fourteen, falling in love all over again with each one that I look at.

I don't know what I would do without them.

But I do know what I will do with them.

Live happily ever after.

THE END.