Chapter Twenty Nine

Apparently there is wifi in the cabin that I am living in during retirement. The wild squirrels and the fruit from the ice cream trees are good fuel for writing.

(If you looked at the comment thread like I highly suggested, this will make sense. Ish.)

Enjoy the chapter!

With a groan, I wake up to voices and sit up.

"Whoever just fucking woke me up is going to die," I promise, rubbing my eyes.

It's been a while since I killed a maid for waking me up, but old habits die hard...

"No!" Luke cries. "Not another Gabe!"

What? What is he doing in my room?

"Oy!" Gabriel shouts. "I'm your fucking best friend!"

Correction: What are they doing in my room?

"We aren't friends anymore!" Luke retorts. "You smacked me when I tried to wake you up this morning!"

"It was self defense!" Gabriel defends.

"Self defense, my butt! I wasn't endangering you in any way!"

"You were endangering my sleep! It's worse!"

I pull my hands away from my eyes slowly. For some reason, they also turned the light on in my bedroom. Blinking away the spots, I realize that I am in the library and it is the large windows, not a light that is so bright.

"Prince, it is great to see you awake," Victor says warmly, with a soft smile.

"Hi, Princess," I reply with a matching smile. "What am I doing in here?"

"You mean you don't remember?" Sean interrupts, concerned.

Axel adds, "And are you okay now, at least?"

I tilt my head and ask, "Remember what? And yes, thank you Pocahontas."

"Oh, you know, the floor eating us, something about a rose, breaking Raven's nose, and knocking Nathan out cold by kicking his jaw," Sean answers with an obviously false calm tone.

"Oh, please," I say. "That can't be true."

"It is," Brandon speaks up. "You really did all that and you really did hurt them.

I roll my eyes and respond, "No. What I meant was, that can't be true because I would've done more damage. Either you're lying or I went easy on you. A kick to his jaw would've shattered it."

They all stare at me so I cross my eyes and stick my tongue out.

Why not give them something interesting to look at while they're staring off into space in my direction?

It definitely snapped them out of it, that's for sure.

"You are okay now, right Virus?" Corey asks slowly.

"Of course, Code. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

Owen declares, "Sang, I believe that you either had a psychotic break or were under the influence of something. Can you tell me what you remember?"

Sean glares at him playfully and corrects, "No, tell me. I am, after all, a doctor."

"Then do your job," Owen replies with a teeny tiny smile.

"You call that a smile?!" I exclaim, looking at his lips. Definitely because I was only looking at his miniscule smile.

A shade of pinkish red tints his ears and the others burst into laughter at my exclamation.

"Anyway, Dr.Sean, you need to tell me," Sean chuckles.

"Okay, Pookie. I remember what happened last night in the library with all of us. Then I was heading back to my room. And then I woke up here," I explain simply before adding. "And I almost shot you all for waking me up."

"Y-You w-would-d-n't-t r-reall-ly-y sh-shoot-t-t us-s, w-would-d y-you?" Kota stutters.

I consider the question.

"You all? Probably not. Only if you made me really, really mad. But I have shot maids for waking me up. I don't like being woken up."

"We can see that," Nathan muttered, gently massaging his swollen and bruised jaw.

Inspecting my work, I nod.

"Yup. I clearly was under the influence of something," I decide.

"What makes you say that?" North grunts.

"Well, besides being a doctor," I start with a smirk to Sean. "if it were a psychotic break and I didn't recognize him, my kick would have done than bruise his jaw and cause it to swell up. I probably recognized him subconsciously and didn't hurt him that bad because of it."

"That bad?!" Nathan echoes. "I think it hurt pretty bad!"

I shrug and reply, "Some people don't have much pain tolerance."

"I have a high pain tolerance, thank you very much," Nathan insists.

I raise an eyebrow at him and decide not to say anything. After all, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Raven smugly announces, "I have a high pain tolerances. I'm like a bear."

"More like a kitten," I snort. "Look at your nose. If anything, I am the bear."

"Okay, Big Bear," Raven says, switching to Russian. "Are you still going to accept a fruit cup from me? Did I really ruin it all?"

I sigh, "Raven. I don't want to talk about that now."

Or for a very long time, I add in my mind. I am still annoyed that they would to with me like, and all for the sake of a joke.

"So what were you under the influence of?" Silas rumbles, looking up at me from his spot on the floor with evident concern in his big brown eyes.

"And why?" Marc adds.

Hesitantly, Corey runs a hand through his honey blond hair and inserts, "And was it by choice?"

"I don't know, I don't know, and nope," I answer them in order.

"So we have no clue?" Owen confirms. His smooth features are devoid of emotion, but concern is etched into his steel eyes.

I look at him blankly and say, "Did I stutter?"

"If I had the right instruments, I could perform a blood test," Sean states, looking at me hopefully with his shamrock green eyes.

"The right instruments..." I think aloud, shushing them when someone starts talking. "Be quiet. The brains of this group is thinking."

"I-I-I th-thought-t I-I w-was th-the b-b-brain-ns," Kota stammers indignantly, but I shush him as well.

I smile evilly.

"I know exactly who can help us."