Chapter Twenty Five

Third update today! (Not counting Ghost Bird too...)

As payment you can stop being a silent reader... *waggles eyebrows*

Enjoy!

"What's truth or dare?! What's truth or dare?! What's truth or dare?!" Gabriel echoes, growing in volume and urgency with each time he repeated my words

"Umm... Yes?" I answer, slightly distracted from seeing Luke and Marc's frantic motions behind Gabriel's back. The two of them are making some sort of slicing motion on their neck. Strange... Maybe I should do it back and that will make them stop...?

I hesitantly mimic their motion and Gabriel quirks around to glare at the two.

"What the hell are you fuckers doing?!" Gabriel exclaims. "I clearly need to teach Sang the ways of truth or dare!"

"As much... Fun as that sounds, now is not the time to be playing such a game," Owen interrupts, choking slightly in the word fun.

"Come on, Owen," I tease. "Don't you ever have fun?"

For some reason, my words cause several of them to choke and a shade of pink to tinges Owen's cheekbones.

I give them a strange look to convey how strange they are being and ask, "So what do you guys want to do then?"

"You know, I had this great idea for a game on paper," Axel announces in a slightly strange voice, giving us a meaningful look before sliding his ebony eyes to the cameras.

"Okay," I decide. "Go ahead and show me."

Axel nods and gives me a grateful smile. Rising to his feet gracefully, Axel retrieves some papers and pens.

"Here," He declares. "Let me write down the rules and we can pass them around."

Axel quickly scribbled something down, but when he passes the sheet of paper to me, on it is a clean and lilting cursive that is clearly written. On the paper, it says, The cameras are watching. We will destroy this paper when we are done. We need to plan our escape.

I balk, before I can stop myself.

"That sounds like a hard and complicated game," I say with forced lightness as I pass the papers over to Kota.

"Oh, I believe it will be easy," Brandon says.

"You just need to know the rules," Raven adds in Russian.

Corey inserts, "You just need an extra set of eyes, Virus."

I smile at him slightly and shake my head.

"Are you all sure that there are no hidden rules?" I ask in a slightly challenging tone.

"Why do you not want to play the game?" North interrupts with a small look of hurt in his black velvet eyes.

"I do want to play the game," I insist, keeping up with the silly guise of playing a game on paper. "I'm sure that their are rules that you don't know about."

I hope the guards aren't paying too close attention to us. Our little "code" isn't very strong, and Axel's game just turned into my own.

"By all means," Owen states. "Please, write down these rules."

I hesitate before snatching a piece of paper and a pen.

I scrawl, I have several tracking devices placed in unknown spots throughout my body. My parents would track me down in an instant and torture me to death. If I killed them first, I would be hunted down for revenge and be tortured to death as well.

I shove the papers from me and Sean takes them. Reading my words over, Sean looked taken aback.

"That can't be healthy..." He murmurs before glancing around. "I mean, that sounds like a dangerous game. Even more so than Extreme Would You Rather."

"Extreme Would You Rather?" I question.

Sean shudders and orders, "Do not ask, Dr. Sean. Do not ask."

"Okay, Pookie..."

"Good girl," Sean says with the same facial twitch Rocky had. The one where he blinks only one eye.

I sigh.

I hope he doesn't start talking in third person like Rocky.

"Is this true?" Nathan grits out. "Are these really good the rules of the game?"

Blankly, I nod.

"At least, that's how I've always played it. Since around the time I was four or five?"

At this, they seem to pale. Corey, moving stiffly, as off on autopilot, walks away from the group to the other corner of the room.

⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪
Corey

I... I just can't.

What kind of parents put tracking devices in their kids?! Let alone at that age?! And then the fact that Sang is so casual and matter of fact about being hunted down and tortured to death. What happened to make her so used to the idea of torture?

As the answer dawns on me, the urge to vomit grows.

Sang is so used to the thought of torture because she has lived with torture her whole life.

I-I-I...

I need to think of happier things.

Like just a few minutes ago when Sang and I were together. Spending time with Sang was incredible. Once she opens up, she is a completely different person. Sang is clever, strong, funny, and snarky with a bit of a quirk to her. She is only growing and becoming even more amazing in my eyes the more I get to know her.

Sang went from being a beautiful and ethereal woman to a beautiful and ethereal woman who is intelligent and funny and so strong. Stronger than she should have to be.

When we were working together, (Which was the highlight of my year, by the way) Sang casually mentioned that she has an affinity for viruses and would love to help me with the virus that I am developing for the Academy. Of course, I didn't specify that it would be for the Academy, but that is a minor detail.

Teasingly, I called her Virus and the name just sorta stuck. Since she offered to help me with a virus and got the name virus, I got the nickname Code since I was helping her with a code. Not that she really needed my help. I am a little suspicious that she was just being nice by asking for help; however, I don't care.

Anything to spend time with Sang is worth it.

With that thought in mind, I smooth down my shaggy blonde hair and compose myself as best as I can before returning to the group where they are slowly but surely planning our escape.

I don't care how long it takes.

We will escape and I will be with Sang.