Guilt

Characters in this story: Colin and Colton.

Enjoy~

------------------------

It was a rather busy day down at the station, everyone had something to do or places to be. Hank and Connor were off at a crime scene to investigate a recent murder; Conan and Gavin were filling out some paperwork, Conan still wasn't speaking to his family members ever since he left to go and live with Gavin much to the other's disapproval; Colton and Colin were down in the archives, cleaning up and making sure all the evidence was neat and in order.

Colton brushed some dust off of one case file before putting it away in its alphabetical order, humming a soft tune. Colin was on the other side of the room, ordering some boxes and stacking them neatly, his LED flashing yellow as he was deep in thought. Colton looked over at him, tilting his head. Colin always looked so distant, so... upset. It was concerning and Colton wanted to know why.

"Hey bro, you okay?" he asked softly, noticing how Colin jumped a bit when he came out of his thoughts. He looked at Colton and nodded, a small soft smile showing on his lips.

"Yea... I'm fine," he replied before going back to stacking the boxes. Colton frowned. Something about that small smile wasn't genuine. He didn't question it for a moment before sighing and going over to him.

"You always smile like you're about to cry. Something'a wrong, please tell me the truth," he said softly, placing a gentle hand on Colin shoulder. He sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to get out of this anyway.

"...I just feel so guilty..." he mumbled quietly, making Colton raise his eyebrow in confusion.

"Guilty? About what?" he asked, rubbing Colin's back since he looked really upset now.

"Everything... I don't deserve to be treated so nicely after what happened at the Cyberlife towers last year. I held a gun to Hank's head and threatened to shoot him and I attacked Connor, I shot him in the shoulder. I don't deserve to be treated so nicely, I was going to kill them on Amanda's orders, and I almost succeeded..." he mumbled, telling Colton about everything he was thinking, "They treat me as part of the family now, Hank treats me like a son, but I don't deserve any of it..." Colton listened closely and immediately pulled Colin into a hug.

"You were just an android taking orders, Colin. You hadn't deviated and were only doing what you were told to do, you had no choice but to obey. They know that and they understand that. You do deserve to be treated nicely, the past is in the past and you're free like all of us now. Connor and Hank would say the same," he said softly to Colin who was now crying into his shoulder. Colton just held him close, rubbing his back to comfort him.

Colin must've been feeling like this for a while since the events happened in the previous year. Having to go through all those months keeping this pent up inside of him. Colton felt sympathetic, wanting Colin to know he was just as valid as any other android and that he was also part of their family.

------------------------

Word Count: 527