Forgiveness

[2nd part to 'Bonfire Gone Wrong']

Characters in this story: Conan, Gavin, Colton, Colin. Connor and Hank are mentioned.

Written by: Momma Ch3rry uwu

Enjoy~

Colton stood nervously outside of Gavin's apartment door. It had been two weeks since Conan had moved out and gone to live with Gavin 'for the foreseeable future'. He was accompanied by Colin who was there to reassure him things would be fine.

"You have to talk to him," Colin had urged, knowing that the two would need to make amends. Colton let out an artificial breath before raising his hand and knocking at the door. A few moments later, the door opened slightly to reveal the unamused face of Gavin Reed.

"You know Conan doesn't want to talk to you, right?" Gavin grumbled to Colton. The android nodded and looked down.

"I-I know, but... I miss him and I really am sorry for what happened and I just don't want him to hate me anymore..." Colton sniffled, Colin placed a hand on Colton shoulder to try and calm him down. Gavin sighed, giving Colton a slightly sympathetic look.

"Wait here," he mumbled before heading back inside the apartment, leaving the door slightly open. Colton and Colin waited patiently, Colton was shaking by this point. Gavin soon returned and opened the door a little wider than before since now Conan was stood behind him, a cold look on his face.

"I do believe Gavin told you I don't want to talk to you," Conan said harshly, glaring slightly. Colton shrunk back under his gaze, shuffling his feet nervously.

"I-I really am sorry for what I did, Conan. I know you've heard me apologise a million times already and I know you're probably bored of it. I know that jacket meant a lot to you... I didn't mean for that to happen, it was an accident I swear! I just... I need to know if you'll forgive me. If you won't, that's okay, I understand," Colton said quietly, unable to look Conan in the eyes, scared of his reaction. He heard Conan let out a sigh but wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad sign.

"...I suppose I could forgive you, but you'll have to do a lot to make up for it," Conan huffed, crossing his arms. Colton looked up at Conan with wide eyes, feeling so relieved.

"Y-You will? Oh thank you! Thank you so much!" Colton squeaked happily, stepping forwards to hug Conan only to be stopped by the taller android's outstretched hand.

"No hugs. You haven't earned those yet," Conan mumbled and Colton nodded understandingly and stepped back.

Over the next few weeks, Colton did everything he could to make up for burning Conan's precious jacket. It was clear to everyone that he was determined to get Conan's full forgiveness. Some nights he would even cry to Colin wondering if he was doing enough. He did a lot of things for Conan, there were too many things to list. He overworked himself everyday and even Conan said that he needed to stop working so hard or he was going to damage himself, but did Colton listen? Nope.

One day, Colton had just been working way too hard, he collapsed, unable to cope anymore. When he awoke, he was surrounded by the others: Hank, Connor and Colin. More surprisingly though was that Conan was there too, a look of major concern on his face. He sat up, rubbing his head.

"You're an idiot, a complete idiot, you know that, right?" Conan mumbled quietly, his voice full of worry. Colton took it the wrong way though, looking down and his eyes filling with tears.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm n-not doing enough, am I?" Colton sobbed, feeling like he'd let Conan down again.

"Colton, that's not it. You're an idiot for doing too much. I told you not to overwork yourself but you haven't listened," Conan said in a slightly softer tone. Colton glanced up at him but before he could say anything else, Conan crouched down next to him, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him tightly. Colton sat there for a moment in shock before hugging back, more tears leaving his eyes as he clung tightly to Conan.

"You've more than earned this hug. I'm...I'm sorry for making you feel like nothing you did was good enough," Conan mumbled softly to him, rubbing his back gently. Colton continued to cry, but he felt better hearing that.

After that day, the two brothers talked to each other properly about everything and they both felt better afterwards. The two became close once more, both of them seeing how ridiculous the situation actually was. Conan continued to live with Gavin, but he came to visit the others frequently and it was safe to say they were all glad things were back to normal.