Chapter 7 - Yeah, So She Can Attempt Rape On Me Again

(Carter's POV)

"Carter, I need help with this math homework." Lanie whined. "It's too damn hard."

I sighed, I was planted on the couch in front of my TV, playing my video game. I didn't feel like getting up to help her with her homework right now.

"Watch your mouth, Lanie." I scolded, not that into the game to where I wasn't listening. She has such a little potty mouth for a 13-year-old.

"Come help me, Car." She demanded of me.

Since I was playing online I couldn't pause it so I just exited the game as it took me back to the main menu. I walked over to Lanie where she sat at the breakfast bar, staring down at her math book like her eyes were lasers that could make it burst into flames.

I peeked over her shoulder down at the book.

"What's the problem?" I asked her.

"Algebra." She cursed, like acid on her tongue. "We are working on order of operations with exponents this week."

Fuck. One of the two things I hate to do in math. Order of operations, fractions is the other.

Fuck fractions to the end of this earth.

I looked down at her work and it looked pretty easy, but of course, it did to me, I'm in college. Well out of the eighth grade.

"Oh, this looks pretty easy." I told her with a nod. It may be easy for me but I had to explain this to her in a way that she'll understand. Pointing down at her paper to a problem she started, she had the wrong answer. "No, this is wrong. you have to do the exponents second after the--" I began to tell her just as we heard a knock at the door.

Wednesday evening, I'm not expecting any company.

I looked down at Lanie and she just shrugged, not knowing who it is either.

Walking to the door, I looked out my peek hole with a roll of my eyes I stepped back and opened the door.

"Mother." I looked at my mom on the left in her puffy black fur coat, looking like a wacked-out Cruella DeVille, except without the two different colors in her hair. "Father." I then switch my gaze to the tall and lanky figure that stood over my mother dramatically. Running a hand through his dark black locks, just like mine. He cleared his throat.

"May we come in?" He asked me, slipping his black leathered gloved hands into his trench coat pockets.

I shrugged, stepping aside. Not even putting on a face like I was pretending to be happy to see them because I'm not and they know I'm not. But every year they come and invite me to this thing. And this weekend it just so happens to take place.

They walked in slowly, looking around my place, never have been here.

One thing they always seem to do is find me. No matter where the fuck I am they always know where I'm at. I moved since the last time I saw them and it was about this time last year.

I don't care for these people too much.

They're rich cocky assholes who never cared for me.

I closed the door behind us, turning around to face them. They simply stood there, looking around my place with unhappy looks on their faces.

"Let's make this trip shorter, shall we?" I rolled my eyes. "You want me to come to the Founder's Ball? I'll be there."

My mom sighed, pulling off her coat. "Kyson. Don't be rude."

"Carter." I corrected my mother, but they went on and ignored me, nothing new about that shit.

"Yes, show some respect." My father added. "We are your parents."