Chapter 5

Please check out my other wattpad! Here's the link!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/180794089-our-dark-duo

It's called "Our Dark Duo" plz check it out!

I tore the door open as soon as I got home. 

"Dad! " I yelled out, prepared to convince him. Silence was the only thing, other than my hard panting, that met my ears. 

"Dad? " I called out again. I rushed upstairs, opening every single door possible, searching or him. 

"Scarlet! " My brother's alarmed voice crashed into my ears. 

"Oy, where's dad?! " 

His foot steps pounded on the wooden tiles as he ran over to me. "Did you read the latest chapter? " He said. "Is that the new limited edition dress! " His eyes ran over my dress. 

"No, but where's dad. " I tried to ask. 

"Dad is drinking, you know, when he gets really emotional. " 

"Oh, is he– "

"Scarlet! Listen to me. You have to read the latest chapter of W. "  He quickly shoved his phone in front of my face, I backed away to question him. 

"Where's. Dad. Tell me. Right now. " I spat out. Earl's face crossed with annoyance and anger when he faced me. 

"Why do you need him. " He pressed. 

"I need to talk to him about something. " I said. He crooked up an eyebrow, and put his hands on my shoulders. 

"Scarlet. " His eyebrows crocheted together. He found out?! Panic laced through me. He found out. 

"Scarlet. Are you being bullied? " He asked. 

"Yes. Wait! What?! Bullied?! " I shoved his hands of off my shoulders. "No! You're so over protective. This is why I can never have a boyfriend. Because of my stupid, dense, over protective older brother. " 

"No, that's just cause you're too ugly. "

 I spun my heel around. "Forget it, it's none of your business. I'll find him myself. " 

"Scarlet! " He called after me, I already had my hand on the door handle, prepared to go out. 

He slowly walked over to me and placed his phone in my hand. "Can you at least read the last chapter? " His eyes pleaded. "Please. "

I let out an annoyed sigh and grabbed his phone in my hand. My eyes picked up the crack on the screen protector. 

"How did you get this? " I ran my fingers over the crack. 

"Cause a certain someone threw my phone. " He said. 

"Oh yeah. Sorry. " 

I clicked on the latest chapter and started reading with annoyance. The first panel was a drawing of Jade in bed, sound asleep. His secretary comes in and wakes him up and then they start talking. The nurse–the same one that tried to kill him–is in a dark room getting his shot ready. Her phone dials and she picked it up the person on the phone offered her a reward of money. 

Wait a minute. I've read this before. Right before I went into their world! 

But...if this is everything that happened that day...that means! 

I scrolled down to the end of the chapter let out a gasp of shock. The last panel was my lips pressed against a very confused Jade, and then me running away, leaving a shocked Jade behind. 

"Oy, what is this? " I shook Earl. 

"I know right! That's why I was telling you to read it! " He snatched his phone back, and showed me a long list of texts to me. "I was trying to reach you! You were gone for almost an hour! You just threw my phone on me and then ran like there was no tomorrow! " He shook his head, furiously. "Who does that?! What were you doing? And why was dad drawing you in his comics?" 

I  shook my head and ran to my bed, my head swirled with dizziness. My fingers ran over the soft silk dress on my body. The price tag is will one. I glanced at the price. $599.99?! 

My body suddenly felt so heavy, my eyes were on the verge of shutting themselves. I lifted myself up from bed, prepared to run out to dad, when black spots ran over my vision. My eyes drooped down, until my eyelids shut close. I tried to balance myself, but the world around me had already gotten dark. 

Please vote and comment on your thoughts! I look forward to reading them! Thank you for reading! :D

Please check out my other wattpad! Here's the link!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/180794089-our-dark-duo

It's called "Our Dark Duo" plz check it out!