Chapter 21

*Narrator of story pov*

Scarlet's heartbeat escalated dramatically as she heard the foot steps of the police officers just a few floors above her. 

She let out short, panicked breaths as she ran through the nearest door she could. If she ran downstairs, they would just see her easily. 

Jade was panicked as well, as he heard the news. He inhaled sharply, conflicted on what to do. 

"Calm down and buy some time by hiding, until I grasp the situation. " Jade flexed his jaw, trying to get rid of the tension that was building up in his body. 

Scarlet spun around after the door closed softly behind her, making sure no one followed. 

"I'm on the 28th floor. " She whispered quietly. She walked around the floor hallway, watching to see if there was any good hiding place. 

"I will call you. " Jade hung up as mixed emotions surged through him. He was worried for sure, but his anger also shone bright. He could feel his blood boiling just at the thought of Trisha's actions. Did he not tell her a million times not to call the police, and let him handle the situation? Yet that is exactly what she did. 

His bodyguard, Logan drew his eyebrows together and stared at Jade. 

"What's the matter? " Logan asked. 

Jade's mouth pinched in the corners, his whole expression showing anger and concern. 

He called his other bodyguard, the one that he chose responsible for Scarlet's life while he was gone. 

"I told you to watch her. What are you doing? " Jade growled lowly into the phone. 

The bodyguard stood at the men's restroom of the restaurant, struck with confusion and utter shock. 

"But, Trisha said it was you're orders. " The bodyguard said. 

Jade's anger increased as the words came out of the bodyguards mouth. He sucked in a breath. 

"They were not my orders. " He retorted. "Go to the 28th floor. She's hiding there, scared. Check every single door there is. Help her. " 

The bodyguard sighed as he realized Jade wouldn't kill him for the dumb mistake. 

"Yes, I understand. " He said into the phone. 

The bodyguard ran to the 28th floor as fast as his feet allowed him to. He looked around all he could, hoping that she would pop up. 

Scarlet ran straight, hoping to find a hiding place. The scene she saw through the corner of her eye caught her attention. The officers had each turned to the location of the footsteps, and met her eyes. 

"Catch her! " They all yelled, shoving one another aside and running to grab Scarlet. 

Scarlet's feet took off, running. 

"Miss Ankist? " She hears a husky, distant voice whisper. She glances at the right to find a bodyguard she often saw in Jade's home, all the way at the end of the hallway. 

The bodyguard let out a sigh of relief before whispering into his ear piece "I will use room 2816. "

He took out his hotel card and swiped it into the lock. The door light switched to green instantly, meaning that it's unlocked. 

The bodyguard waves Scarlet to come near him. She ran, glad that she finally found someone that can help her. 

Scarlet continued running, until a set of voiced yelled, "stop!" She continued running, hoping that she would get to the end of the hallway, but the realization of how idiotic it was to hide now, hit her. 

She stopped in her tracks. 

Please vote and comment on your thoughts! I look forward to reading them! Thank you for reading! :D