Chapter 11

*Jade's Pov*

I walked around the apartment, my anger and fright coursing through me. I made my way to around the spots that the mysterious men and I had fought on, searching desparately for clues. 

The gun that he dropped hit my eye. 

I picked it up, the gun icy cold in my hands, touching each and every single essence of it, observing it. 

Foot steps destroyed my concentration. I turned my head, and saw my two door guards, their face filled with shame. 

"You two, weren't you supposed to guard the front door? " I asked, anger raining inside of me. 

The first guard spoke softly, seeing how angry I was. "Sir, we were but James–your bogyguard–had texted us to go to him. " He pulled out his phone to show me the text. "But as soon as we got to the location he told us about, he wasn't there. He–he said he had never texted us in the first place. "

I pressed my lips together in confusion. Had the mysterious man texted me if my bodyguard hadn't?

I nodded and took the gun with me, making my way to check on Miss Ankist and on my way to collect my thoughts. 

Miss Ankist was still sound asleep in my bed, her face tranquil. I plopped down in the chair next to her bed and shut my eyes tightly. The gun still wrapped tightly in my hands. I looked at Miss Ankist once again, wondering how she could have slept through such a loud fight. 

When I closed my eyes, the flashback from my near-car-crash came back to me. I remembered the way that everything froze before and how I suddenly had survived. There was something up there, not god, someone that wanted me to die. Someone was controling me and then I got out of their grasp. Even if was just for a second, I felt it. 

I stared up into the ceiling, wondering if the person who wanted to kill me is there. I grit my teeth, determination pumping into me. 

I will find you soon. Just wait. 

I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. 

Please vote and comment on your thoughts! I look forward to reading them! Thank you for reading! :D