Chapter 29

*Scarlet's Pov*

Earl and I step into our dad's workshop, searching for the silver tablet. Once Earl finds it, we drive back to our house and sit, ready to talk about the plans for W. 

Earl turns on the tablet before reading the previous episodes to refresh his memory. 

"So far, Jade is utterly heartbroken and hopeless when he found out that he's a comic character, and you just escaped. " He paused and looked up at me. "Should we just write 'the end' and end it here?"

"No!" I shout. 

"Why not? You already fainted once from traveling back and forth. You have panda dark circles under you're eyes, and you look like a zombie. Do you really think that you can survive another trip there? " Earl raised his eyebrows. 

"Of course! " Yeah, I'm stubborn. 

"Ugh, why? " He asked, annoyed. 

"If...if we end the comic here...what will happen to Jade? " I ask. 

Earl groaned at my concern. "Are you kidding me? He's a comic character! He's not even real! "

"Shut up, Earl! " I yell. 

"Fine we'll see what we can do. " He gives in. 

***

*Jade's Pov* 

I slowly made my way out of the jail's visiting room. 

I can say I'm kind of over the shock. Kind of. 

To be honest, this whole thing felt like a dream. I can still recall Scarlet's words: like when she said that she can travel in and out of this world depending on my feeling. Like how she warned me so many times that I would be in shock and depression if I heard the truth. Like how she would always be rooting for me because she's my number 1 fan. And how she always wanted a happy ending for me. Her words finally make sense to me. 

I finally feel my phone's vibration as it buzzes against my pocket. I look at the caller, hope sparking in me as the thought of Scarlet calling me occurs, my heart suddenly picks up speed. I sigh, dissapointed to find that it's only my dad's friend and my best other figure , Benny. 

"Benny..." I called out. 

"Jade, my son–" He said. 

"I found out. I was right...about Scarlet. "

"Oh. You sound really depressed. Did you have a change and mood, and did she dissapear?" Benny guessed. 

"Mhm. " 

"Don't be upset! You know this is exactly the type of moment that Luis Montogre is waiting for! He's waiting for you to be weak so he can pounce! " Benny urged. 

Luis Montogre is my enemy and the chairman of this district. He's been waiting since forever for me to die or be sick so he could take all of my father's money that my father left me. He's also my distant uncle. "Yeah. But that's not the real problem. The reason why I exist is the real problem. "

"What do you mean? " Benny asks, confused. "Is it Scarlet? What did she tell you that got you so down? "

"She's crazy! She pouted nonsense and crazy fictional scenes and she's telling me lies–"I start, but Benny interrupts me. 

"If it's all nonsense, then why are you so concerned about it? " Benny asks. 

"Because just a few months ago, I couldn't explain my life and the way it went the way it did, but now it makes all sense. The explanation is an explanation that I would have never thought of before. This world... That this world... is all fake. It's a completely fabricated world. " I explained to Benny. 

Out of nowhere, the people around me froze. the guards, my bodyguard, everyone just froze. Their not moving even the slightest inch. 

I ran to my frozen bodyguard, Logan. He's eyes were open and he wasn't blinking at all. I shook him and yelled his name, but got no response. 

What the heck is going on? 

Hey guys! Sorry for the haitus, I had to deal with some things. 

Anyways! Good news! I'm starting on another wattpad! It's called "Our Dark Duo". 

Please check it out! I'll put the blurb of it here: 

One human girl.

One demon guy.

One fatal mistake.

Hundreds of monsters.

Thousands of lies and secrets.

Seraphina Avinston is the daughter of the feared and respected demon slayer king. She lived in a family with her brother, mother and father, and loved her brother and mother deeply. After 16 years of staying in her father's shadow and avoiding all the monsters at sunset, she believed that she was safe. But one fatal mistake caused her life to crumble. What she did know is that her life is falling apart, she's in danger and that she finally has a boyfriend...or so she thought. What she did not know is that her "boyfriend", Augustino Wilson, is the one of the last three existing powerful demons, that her "boyfriend" was never who he seemed like, and that her "boyfriend" is connected to all the tragedy in her life. After finding out who-or what-her "boyfriend" truly is, she flees to escape his demonic grasp. Only her "boyfriend" is not the only monster in hiding, and not everyone is who they seem like. Seraphina soon finds out that secrets lie everywhere and you can never trust anyone. Stuck in a tangle of drama, lies and danger, Seraphina has to found out who to trust and how to stay alive; because staying safe is no longer an option.

Please check it out! See you in the next update!