Chapter 6

Please check out my other wattpad! Here's the link!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/180794089-our-dark-duo

It's called "Our Dark Duo" plz check it out!

*Jade's Pov* 

My fingers slowly tapped on the glass table beside me. The events of yesterday verged through my mind constantly, despite me efforts of pushing them away. 

Miss Ankist. Scarlet Ankist. The name alone seemed peculiar and weird;her personality just proved that name suitable for her. 

First she saves me when I'm near to death on the roof. Then she saves me from death in the hospital. When I offer to buy her clothes, so her response is an unreasonable slap, causing me to be angry and a little surprised. Even more shocking, she takes away my first kiss, and then runs away, giving me absolutely no information to who or what she is. That had gave me too much of a shock–the kiss. 

She is truly something.  

My brow tightened even more as thoughts of her dug themselves into my mind, making me unable to stop thinking about her. 

My phone suddenly called out, shattering nearly every thought I had about her. Nearly. 

It's my secratary. 

"Yes Trisha, do you have any news? " I asked, hopeful. 

"Sir...I don't know how but we just found her right now. In the changing room. " She sounded on edge, nervous at the least. 

"Hold up...every single one of my guards and you searched for her in the changing room and she wasn't there. And now she is? " I asked confused. 

"Sir, I'm just updating the news. Yes, we did search yesterday and found no evidence of her being in the room. But I'm just telling you about–" 

"I'll be there in about 30 minutes. " I hung up. 

My mind was now fully plastered with her, every single thought having her plastered all over it. I opened my car door and jumped in, energy bubbling inside of me. Now that Miss Ankist is finally here, I can question her. I'll find out who she really is. No matter what. 

I jogged into my car and started driving as fast as possible, my adreline coursing through me. 

Miss Ankist is finlly here. 

I kept my hands steady on the steering wheel, when a loud horn ripped through my ears. 

There was a huge truck headed towards me, and despite my efforts to yell out stop, it just wouldn't. I kept my eyes shut as the truck kept drewing slower, ready to crush me. 

A few seconds went by when I noticed that there was nothing that hit me. I opened my eyes only to notice that the whole world around me froze. 

I kicked the gas pedal and steered around the unmoving car. That's when the world around me finally jumped to life, and I was safe from the truck. 

But the world had froze. Why? I can hear my frightened heartbeat jumping. I got out of my car and looked around. The people that were once froze like maniquens now were interested in the demolished truck. Someone did this. 

Not someone from this world, someone was controlling the world around me. It's not a coincidence that this is almost my thirs time getting killed or nearly dying, only to be saved last moment. I stared up into the sky, looking for the person responsible for this.

Who the hell are you?

***

"Jade! " Trish's voice met me in front of the mall.