Chapter 24

*Narrator of story pov*

People in America hurried to grab their remotes as they turned on the news, eager to find the new shocker for today. 

The news man sat in his chair, pulling out some papers and reading off of it as pictures popped up next to him. 

"Breaking news! " He said. People hushed one another down, each one glued to find out the story behind the case. 

"The sole witness for CEO Jade Boltin's mysterious near-death experience, has been captured. " Pictures of Scarlet's wrists captured in thick handcuffs while surrounded by police officers all around her, took over the screen. People gasped as they finally peered into her face, finally seeing who the person was. Their eyes widened as shock, as they each realized the fact that they never once saw this women. 

"After the incident took place several months ago, there have been a ton of theories and ideas on the matter floating around. " The newsman continued. He stared into the camera, dramatizing. "Will answers to the case finally be found? " He pressed on. 

"They finally caught her! " A teenage boy said in thrill as is eyes stuck to his screen, watching the news. 

Now, the newsman's face was gone, and the TV screens were instead plastered with Scarlet surrounded by police officers, withe them escorting her to jail. 

"Ms. Ankist, who claimed to be a learning doctor, was the only witness when CEO Jade Boltin had gotten shot. However, as time passes, her actions higher the probability of her being a prime suspect. " Scarlet was now shown trying to lower her face from the cameras, as she walked up to the jail house. 

*Scarlet's Pov*

I didn't try to–and couldn't–move as the police officers dragged me into jail. The cameras around me were constantly flashing lights, while there were dozens of reporters trying to zoom in on my face. 

Keeping a straight face was not possible in this scenario...there was way too many thoughts pushing into my mind. If I could disappear right now, that wouldn't fix anything. But at least I get to escape from this world. 

I was shoved ruthlessly into a small, dull rooms. The only things inside where two chairs and a table. 

One of the police officers kept their grip on me tight as they crammed my body to sit against the chair. I kept my face down the whole time, my hair was fanning out beside my face to hide it. 

The footsteps of the police officers softened as they got out the room. A man came inside and sat in the chair opposite to me. 

I glimpsed up through my boundary of hair to see who the man was. 

His face was lightly struck with heavy wrinkles, his eyes were brown and hard, his mouth was formed into a perfect straight lines, his whole aura felt serious. 

"Name? " He said gruffly as he typed into his laptop. 

"Scarlet Ankist. " I replied, attempting to keep my voice steady. 

He sucked his teeth loudly, before glaring at me with narrowed eyes. 

"It's not Scarlet Ankist. Why are you being like this? " He groaned. "What's your real name? "

I stared at him for a quick second, conflicted on what to say and what his reaction will be.

"Scarlet Ankist. " I repeated once again, my voice more firm this time. 

He let out a short breath from his mouth, annoyed. 

"Social security number? " When there wasn't a response coming from me, he said in loud volume, "I asked for your social security number. "

I only shook my head, I didn't have an answer for this one. The social security number in this world and back in my world were different. 

"Home address? " He asked, this time his eyes captured the stress visible on my face. 

"I don't have one. " I said. The addresses in this world is different from my world as well. 

He let out a muffled growl before sinking back into his chair. 

"You know who Jade Boltin is right? " 

I kept still at his words. 

"He's above the police. No one can mess with him because he public will go crazy. People call him "Our Hero" because the fact that he's rich is only visible through his attire. He helps every one, every where, every time. He's a kind hearted man, who has a handsome face and has enough $100 bills to fill...god knows how many bathtubs. He's a perfect man to have in someone's life. And that very man got stabbed with a knife, and we still haven't found any clues after two months. " He leaned into my side. "What do you think the mood is like? " I just closed my eyes, not daring to open them. "Let's do this easily. " He continued. "Help us, young lady. "

"Now, " he typed some keys on his laptop. "social security number?" He asked again, his voice was a bit softer this time. 

I opened my mouth but only closed them in loss. 

*Trisha's Pov*

Detective Park came out of the questioning room, a cup of coffee in each of his hands. 

He pulled out the chair beside me and sat down, while taking a long sip of his coffee.

"Here. " He passes the other cup of coffee to me. The warmth of the liquid seeped through the cup, and into my fingertips. 

Detective Park ran his hand through his hair, conflicted. "I don't get it. " He spoke. "There's nothing on her. " Her leaned in, his whole face was screaming confusion. "She won't answer to anything. And I can't find her fingerprints." 

"She must be an illegal resident then. " I said, hoping to dig her into a deeper hole. 

"No. You can just look at her and know. Her english is fluent, and she looks American. " He said. 

I only nodded, disappointed that I couldn't get her into a worse situation. 

Please vote and comment on your thoughts! I look forward to reading them! Thank you for reading! :D