Chapter 20

*Jade's Pov*

I love you!

Her words still echoed inside of my head. If she says those words once more...I might actually be moved. 

Scarlet...

I'm glad she came into my life. 

*Scarlet's Pov*

I softly tip-toed around Jade's huge place, making sure to peek into every single place that interested me.  

I finally got to the living room, and decided to turn my head up and see the view of the living room.  The stairs were looking like they were made for a king, the whole staircase curved around. 

"Scarlet? " 

I turned around, hoping it wasn't the maid. It wasn't. It was just Trisha, Jade's secretary. 

"Hi. " She smiled at me. "How are you feeling? "

I smiled, and nodded my head. "Fine. "

"Well, if you're feeling fine, would you like to get some wine? You look really bored. " She offered. 

"Ah–yes. " 

She smiled and walked her way to the elevator, I stayed behind her. 

As soon as she got to the front door, the body guards stopped her. He looked around his min 30's and seemed to look bored.  

"Where are you going? " One of them asked her. 

"I'm going to get some wine with Scarlet. " She answered. 

"What about CEO Jade? " He asked. 

"He told me to do this. " She said. 

The bodyguard glanced at me, and then back at her, and seemed to trust Trisha. 

"Lead the way. " He told her. 

***

We made it into a very spacious, decorative, and fancy restaurant. The walls each had a painting of various foods and drinks on them. The  floors were waxed and seemed shiny enough to see your own reflection. There were chandeliers hanging from the ceiling in replacement of lights.  The building they used for the restaurant here is a restaurant as well in my world. As we walked through the restaurant, Trisha started asking me questions. 

"So, now that you're here, won't your family back home miss you? " She asked. 

"Yes, they will. "

"Jade locked you up in here, didn't he? He can be really selfish sometimes. Poor girl. " She said. 

"But, my family probably didn't notice yet, so it's not a big deal. " I tried to make the tension ease off. 

"It's been two days already, though. " She seemed dumbfounded. I forgot how fast time passed by here. 

"Oh...um, they probably gave up on me. Haha. " I let out a nervous laugh. She only nodded, still confused. 

Suddenly, there was a phone ringing that cut through the awkward silence. 

Trisha took out her ringing phone and looked at me apologetically. 

"I'm so sorry, I promised to video call somebody. You go ahead with the bodyguard, I'll be there in five minutes. " She excused herself and walked out of the doors. 

The body guard and told me to follow behind him, and had gone to a reserved seat for us. The waitresses there held out a chair for me, and I sat down, but stood up instantly.