Prologue

My name is James Queensland and I am just about like every other teenager in America, obsessed with the Broadway musical Hamilton. I'm sixteen years old and for my birthday all I wanted was to meet the cast of Hamilton. I knew it was an impossible wish. Besides my luck sucks big time. So, I pretended to not be disappointed when I ripped open the last package for my birthday to find a pair of ear buds. Well, I did need new ones. I smiled and thanked my parents quietly.

"I know that wasn't what you wanted James." Mum said and patted my shoulder, "But just you wait. You'll get your shot."

AND That is why kids are embarrassed about their parents. My mum just HAD to throw in a Hamilton reference. Despite myself I gave her an a small amused smile and laughed quietly rolling my eyes. I then gave her a curious look. "What does that mean exactly."

"Well..."She exchanged slightly excited looks with my father and grinned. "We are going to drive out today and go pick up one last gift for you."

I frowned having a small sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with Hamilton, the one missing birthday wish. "Alright. I'll stay here." I grinned my signature goofy grin running my hand through my very messy fire red hair; my eyes were glittering with excited anticipation, but I didn't want to really get my hopes up.

"Alright, love. See you soon!" Mum said waving as she grabbed father's hand and practically dragged him out of the house and into the car. I laughed quietly rolling my eyes at my parents and went to my room collapsing on my bed. I yawned largely closing my deep blue eyes sleepily and then I fell asleep.

~*~

I jerk awake at the loud sound of knocking on the house front door and I groaned protesting as I reluctantly got up and shuffled my way to the front door. I peeked out the small window in the door and my stomach did a somersault. Standing outside was a police officer. I took a shaky deep breath confused why a police officer would be there and I open the door. I was suddenly conscious I looked. My hair was even more messy than normal. My sleepy deep blue eyes blinked sleepily at the officer and I rub them trying not to yawn, "Hello, sir. How can I help you?" I asked curiously.

The male officer sighed softly looking at me with pity in his chestnut brown eyes that matched his chocolate brown hair quite well. I blushed softly at my thoughts, confused at the thoughts. I was a teenager boy and I hated my hormones especially when I was attracted to the same gender. I shook those thoughts out of my head and frowned confused. "...Are you James Queensland?" He asked.

I nodded a few strands of my red hair falling into my face. I puff them away from my face yawning. "Yeah, why. What happened?" the dread that I had felt as soon as I saw the officer intensified and I began shaking with slight fear. What if something happened to my parents? No, that couldn't be it could it? I mean... where would I go. Were there even Orphanages anymore in London? I shook my head. I couldn't think the worst.

".....Well... Mr. Queensland, your parents have been found... dead after a rather bad car crash." The cute male officer spoke my worst fear aloud. I felt my eyes sting with tears and I hurriedly wipe them.

"...Where will I go...?" I asked weakly feeling numb inside. What was going to happen to me exactly.

"Well, we could find you a home but it will take a while." The officer replied and I nodded numbly and turned going back inside my house. I slowly shut the door with a click and went to my room in a sort of depressed trance. I began packing a bag with all my most important possessions; clothes, video games and other things.

I soon came out of the house I had once lived in with parents I had loved dearly and who had died on my sixteenth birthday. I slung my backpack higher up my left shoulder and left with a numb feeling the only home I had ever known to a bleak looking future, or that's what I thought then. I wouldn't have believed what would happen if I was told. It would sound like a fantasy epic, the ones I had always read as a kid that I still read now. Wish me luck because I honestly will need it if I would survive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Hello guys! I hope you liked the prologue to my new Hamilton fanfic. I have recently become obsessed with Hamilton. And Guess what! My parents said that I we were probably going to go see it. (^-^) Anyways, poor James. Just going to reassure you though that his life will defiantly get way better. This is his story and he ain't going to throw away his shot. Please, if you are enjoying this book give it a heart and comment what you think! Whenever I get a comment it makes my day. You guys are seriously the best!