Chapter 24

Hercules carefully read through the information, rereading it a few times before finally looking up at me. "I.." He attempted to say something, but quickly trailed off, unsure how he felt, how he should feel, or really what he should say in this situation.

I bit my lip and looked away more shaking slightly, "You probably can't trust me now... I...I don't even know if I can trust myself. I can't remember who I was and I'm... I'm not certain if we go to London what will happen. What if.... what if something bad happens...?" I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head taking a deep breath, "Come on. Let's just go... I'm tired and I can't...."
"Hello." A voice suddenly said it was a tall irish man and he grinned shaking my hand enthusiastically, "My name is Samuel Seabury."
I had a very very confused expression on my face, "Uh... nice to meet you Mr... Seabury...?" I say super awkwardly.

Hercules looked up, quickly tucking the file into his coat. "Yes, ah, nice to meet you, I suppose. What is it that you need?"

"...." He gestured at my uniform, "A loyalist always helps British Soldiers. Are you looking for food and a place to stay."
immediately I got an idea. A small smirk spread across my lips. Oh, this was too perfect. "Thank you. I'm glad to find such a hospitable man in the hub of revolution." I felt a small familiarity in those words. I flexed my left hand. Maybe, if this didn't work right for me I could at least find which side I truely belonged to.

Hercules wasn't quite sure what to say, so he remained silent, nodding a bit. I seemed perfectly at ease and commanded an air of respect without glaring. I had done this before or something like this before it seemed, "But, please excuse me and my comrade a moment. We must speak in private."
Samuel moved away obediently and I took Mulligan's wrist and tugged him off quickly beginning to shake again, "...Even that scared me..." I murmur honestly now wanting to disappear.

"You seem like you have some kind of plan." Hercules quietly stated, judging by the way I had talked to Samuel, "Do you have a plan, or are we just taking things as they come?"

"The latter. I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing. I'm just going by instinct and it's scary how much I can accomplish by that alone. Hercules..." I stopped suddenly and turned to him, "...Do you remember when we first met?"

Hercules looked at me, thinking for a moment, "I believe it was shortly after you met Burr and Hamilton in New York City, right?"

"Yes... I believe so..." My voice had a sort of dreamy quality to it, "...Anyways, the point is... what did you think of me then and... do you think I am a good person...? I just... I don't know anymore. There are so many things that I thought I understood even with my memory gone but now so much has..." I took a very deep steadying breath, "Hercules..." I paused tensing and squeezed my eyes shut and my hands balled in fists as my nails dug into my palms as a splitting headache began and I gasped staggering slightly into a wall.

Hercules quickly scrambled to put his arm behind me, in hopes of helping me remain stable, "Hey, hey, calm down, take a deep breath, you're putting to much pressure on yourself." He quietly said, "And yes, I do believe you are a good person."

I collapsed against Hercules panting weakly shaking. I had began to run a small fever. The soldier hat I was wearing tilted and slid off my head revealing my buzz cut fire red hair, "...." My eyes relaxed and I had passed out.

My unconscious mind began to play a memory: Violins. Cellos. Ballroom music. Orphans dressed in their shabbiest finest attire at an enormous palace. It was the 'benefit' gala when I was fifteen. Some kids were dancing. Some kids were by the food table hungrily gorging on the food provided. I stood in a corner dressed in finery that was a bit too short for me and were a bit frayed at the edges. I chewed on my pink bottom lip, holding a glass of some kind of drink. I was pretty sure it was juice. I took a sip of it scanning the hall thoughtfully. A little more than a quarter of my glass of this juice was gone and I was beginning to feel strange. My body buzzed and I got a little light headed all of a sudden. A small hiccup escaped my lips and I glanced at my glass as I took another swig as I continued to look around. My eyes fell on the King. For some reason I felt my face heat up and flush with a rosy hue. I blinked several times hurriedly shaking my head, trying to clear it. I took a deep breath, 'What has gotten into me?' I thought, questioning myself, because I had felt something. A sort of attraction to him which was strange. I mean, not the fact that I was attracted to a man; I already knew that I was attracted to men. It was who the man in question was that bothered me. It was the King himself. Julie, my younger sister skipped up to me smiling sweetly, "Come on, big brother! Stop sulking and come have some fun."

I took another sip of the juice and looked at her, giving her a small smile, "I'd rather not, but thank-you."

Julie shrugged still smiling sweetly, "Alright." She then skipped off to play with her friends.

I put down my glass and was trembling slightly. My face felt hot and I was slightly giddy. My eyes wandered back to the King and they widen a bit because he was making his way towards me. He came to stand right in front of me and his eyes flicked over my body as he inspected me. Then, he spoke, "And what is your name, boy?"

"James. James Queensland, Your highness." I replied curtly bowing a bit to fast and when I came up my head spun a bit.

He nodded curtly in a, this will do move and I nodded following him out of the Ballroom. He lead me into a private room. The King shut the door and I tensed slightly as I heard the click of the lock locking. Suddenly our lips connected at we were snogging.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Please, if you are enjoying this book give it a heart and comment what you think! Whenever I get a comment it makes my day. You guys are seriously the best!

PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK, IT IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED! (^-^)

Andromeda