Chapter 9

I groaned weakly as I awoke; my eyes fluttering open dazedly. The lighting outside seemed to suggest it was around night time. I turned my head gingerly to my right to find Burr fast asleep in a cushioned chair, snoring. It seemed he had been worried and kept watch over me until he ended falling asleep. 'Daww, how sweet.'  I thought. Burr reminded me of... I grimaced as pain shot through my head my head as a memory slowly emerged:

'I lay in bed coughing harshly and terribly sick. I was two or three years old maybe. So, my sister hadn't been born yet. I was miserably sick; on my death bed sick, actually. My father sat by my side holding my hand as my mother stroked my head consoling me. She covered her mouth as she coughed and I let out a soft breath as my father ushered her out saying, "Love, you are pregnant. You shouldn't be around our son right now. My mother had a sad look and reluctantly left. My father turned to me and sat down on the bed smiling weakly. "You are strong James. You can make it and I will be there every step of the way.'

I was shivering from the memory I had just experienced and was startled from it as I heard Burr begin stirring from his sleep. He opened his dark eyes and when he saw I was awake he gave me a weak sleepy smile. "Are you alright James? Alexander brought you in here, said you fainted and collapsed."

I gave him a weak reassuring smile and gingerly nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine...ish." I say awkwardly and Burr gave me a confused look on my wording. He than sighed shaking his head choosing not to comment, nodded and stood up walking over and inspecting me. He placed his cool hand on my forehead.

"Well, looks like you don't have a fever. That's good." He murmurs and smiled leaning down kissing my forehead, "I was worried about."

I grinned laughing weakly, "You are acting like a dad." I commented quietly.

Burr grinned awkwardly rolling his eyes he ruffled my hair and went to the door. Before he left he turned still smiling, "Do you need anything? More rest, food or water?" He asked and I yawned largely.

"Sleep..." I mumble as my eyes closed and began snoring softly again as I fell asleep.

~*~

I awoke the next morning and gingerly sat up looking around. Light filtered in through the drapes that hung over my room's window. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and yawned. I slipped out of my bed my bare feet hit the freezing floor and shivered slightly looking around. I stretched yawning once again. I padded out into the living room looking around and searched down a hall for Burr finally finding him in his study. I knock on the door and he looked up smiling, "Ahh, Good morning James. Did you sleep well." I nodded and he went on, "We have to attend a dinner tonight at the Schuyler manor." 

I nodded with a slightly bewildered look but before I could I ask Alexander and three people came bursting in and Burr's expression turned to a look of annoyance. "Excuse me? My house is not a convenient meeting place for your little revolutionary group, Hamilton." He said sternly.

Alexander grinned, "Aww come on! We just came to see if James wanted to come to the tavern with us." The three men behind Alexander waved smiling. I recognized Mulligan but the other two not so much. One had tawny brown curly hair in a ponytail and the other a Frenchman. Alexander saw my gaze being fixed on the two people I didn't know and he grinned, "James, meet Lafayette and Laurens."

Laurens stretched out his hand and I shook it blushing awkwardly as Laurens smiled, "I'm John. John Laurens. It's nice to to meet you." He said grinning slightly goofily. 

I grinned back equally as goofily. "Name's James. James Queensland. Pleasure to meet you as well, Laurens."

"Bonjour Monsieur. Est-ce que tu parles français?" Lafayette bowed and straightened looking slightly hopeful.

"Yes, actually... I speak french. Yet, I prefer to stick to english because I'm not to confident in French." I replied awkwardly blushing shyly.

"No, problem." Lafayette smiled quietly speaking in his very thick French accent and smirked as he caught sight of my blush. "Lafayette, rock hard Lancelot." he teased and this made my face grow brighter.

"Okay, Let's go to the tavern already!" I squeaked slightly and we head out of Burr's home followed by Mulligan, Lafayette, John and Alexander who were all smirking knowingly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Please, if you are enjoying this book give it a heart and comment what you think! Whenever I get a comment it makes my day. You guys are seriously the best!

Andromeda