Chapter 18

I was jerked awake by someone shaking me. My eyes flutter open and I saw a familiar face, "Alexander?" I asked confused. Yet, no this couldn't be Hamilton. He wore different strange attire.

"So, it worked." The man who looked like Alexander said.

I scramble up from where I had been laying extremely confused, "Uhm...?"

"You lost your memory then, figured. Well, I'm Lin." The man called Lin introduced himself and stretched out his hand for me to shake.

I eyed his hand nervously. This man was overpoweringly familiar and one emotion stood out to me. I felt extremely pissed at this Lin but before I could act out upon the anger the stone on my necklace began to glow brightly. I looked down at it in shock then the glow enveloped me.

~*~

My eyes snapped open. I lay in my bed back in Burr's home. Why had that dream felt so real? Had it really only been a dream? I had a sneaking suspicion that it hadn't been a dream. I slip out of my bed and hurried out of my room to find Burr. Instead of finding Burr I ran into Lafayette, literally. He grunted taking an involuntary step back as I fall on my butt and I grinned apologetically, "Oh! I'm sorry Lafayette. I didn't see you."

He laughed and helped me up, "No problem Monsieur. I was just coming to see you." He spoke in his thick french accent which still fascinated me even after the many times I had heard it.

I grinned largely, "Me? Why?"

"I was told you need help remembering some things. I am an expert swordsman." He replied. My face had a soft blush currently as I scolded myself for the dirty thought that had just crossed my mind.

"So... we are going to uh... duel with... blades..." I awkwardly said feeling very annoyed at my own inner dialogue.

"Yes, that is the plan." Lafayette replied than winked, "Mulligan will come watch."

I felt my face redden and I rolled my eyes. "Uhm... wh...why would... would I care about th...that...?" I cursed myself for stammering and the heat that now crept down my neck and to my ears.

Lafayette chuckled at my reaction. "By that stuttering, James, I think you do care about that. Do you possibly have a... CRUSH on him?" He said slyly.

The blush deepened into a mortified scarlet, "NO!" I exclaimed a little to quickly, "I...I don...don't!" I honestly didn't sound convincing and the blush was now redder than my hair which didn't help my case either.

Lafayette smirked, "As you say, Monsieur. Lets go to... uh, let us call it train." I was glad for this excuse to get the blush off my face, so I hurried after him.

~*~

Unfortunately fate had other plans. Hercules Mulligan turned up in the middle of Lafayette and I's training session causing me to mess up and Lafayette's bayonet cut my knuckles. I yelp dropping my own blade and winced. "Youch." I mumble. My face turned a violent shade of scarlet and I accidentally let out a sound like a mouse being trodden on. I brushed my fire red hair over my face shielding my cobalt blue eyes from sight to hide my complete embarrassment. I ignored my stinging knuckles, the injury not being to bad. 

"Hey James." Hercules winked making my face deeper shade of red some how.

"Hey... Her...Hercules..." I stammer and mentally face palmed. Damn, why the hell did I always get so flustered when Mulligan showed his undeniably hot face. Okay, maybe that was the answer. I was totally crushing on Hercules Mulligan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Please, if you are enjoying this book give it a heart and comment what you think! Whenever I get a comment it makes my day. You guys are seriously the best!

Andromeda