The Talk

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"A what?" I managed to gasp between breaths as we ran at full speed.

He chuckled, "I thought the name was pretty self-explanatory, Mia."

I rolled my eyes and yanked my arm out of his grasp. "Please don't act like everything is normal. Who the hell even are you?"

He pulled me into a small alleyway towards the back until our bodies were covered by the shadows. He pressed his body against mine to further blend in. His voice a mere whisper, "Are you serious? Did you hit your head on something?" He looked over his shoulder towards the main pathway and murmured, "Maybe my powers worked a little too well." Facing back towards me he smirked, "You know me, Mr. Tall, dark and dangerous."

"Wow, how could I have ever forgotten such a charming personality. Thanks but no thanks, I'm outta here." I huffed and began to walk out of the alleyway towards the light.

He quickly pushed me back against the wall. "Are you daft? Those things are still out there and I'm your only hope of staying alive." He shook his head and muttered under his breath, "the fucking irony is real."

I gritted my teeth and growled, "no need to be rude! It's your fault I'm in this mess in the first place. Why do you look so different and why can I see those...those things?!"

"What do you mean I look different?" He seethed.

I gestured to his face and felt myself blush as I took in his features. "You knowwww. All ruggedly handsome, bathed in the essence of a Greek god."

He squinted his eyes at me, and then turned away from me, running a hand through his hair. "This isn't good. This isn't good at all." He sighed and began to pace, tapping his chin.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks, shot his head towards my direction, and studied me while I stared at him. "What are you looking at?" I said, quirking an eyebrow.

"My future partner in crime." He purred with a catlike grin on his face, now taking a few steps closer to me.

I backed up against the wall as he became closer and closer. "What exactly is that supposed to mean? I'm not doing anything with you."

He extended his arm and rested it next to my head, caging me in with his body so I couldn't move. "It means that for some reason, I'm assuming because you're contracted to me, that you can now see demons and I'm assuming otherworldlies. It means that you can now see me in my true form, void of any illusions, or trickery on my part." He got closer and whispered in my ear. "You're welcome by the way."