The Preparation

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Deaths POV

"Please tell me you aren't serious E.." Jeff looked at me with an almost pained expression.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. An annoying telltale sign of mine that I knew Jeff would decipher as frustration. He's been bound to me for too long. "Unfortunately I am. I thought they were just rumors. Who the hell would've thought that the key to all this would practically land at our door step."

"You better figure this mess out quickly before all of hell comes for our asses. It's one thing to have to deal with Luci's pain in the ass self but this? This is a whole different level of fuckery that I'm not prepared for," Lilith fumed.

I clenched my jaw, knowing she was right. I never could've imagined that we'd be stuck in this level of shit right now. Plus, how the hell was I going to explain all of this to Mia. Everyone knows the basic story of heaven and hell, God and the Devil, but many don't know the true past.

Everything that happened before those two came along. 

The frustration was building quickly as everyone in my cadre looked to me for answers and my own frustration built because I didn't have a clue what to do.

Kris was the first to speak up, "what if we just give her to them?"

Lilith turned her heated gaze on him, "are you serious?" she screamed, mirroring my own thoughts. I was grateful that I wasn't on the receiving end of the glare she was giving him. "How can you be so callous? If we send her in now it'll be like sending a lamb into the slaughterhouse. Clearly the girl has some sort of unexplained power. We need to figure out what exactly that is before we decide what to do."

Jeff looked down in defeat. "Poor girl doesn't even know what's coming for her."

I ran my fingers across my jaw line feeling the stubble that had begun to grow there. "I just don't want to do the wrong thing here. For our best interest and her safety we can't just turn her over. We don't know what his intentions are, blood related or not. Plus, we have no clue how Mia will react to any of this. Fair guess on my part... it won't go well. The girl asks too many questions."

Lilith looked to me with determination set in her eyes. "One thing is for sure. We need to tell her the truth. All of it."

Though this was all definitely more than a twenty-something-year-old girl could handle, Lilith was unfortunately right.
This was her life and it was time she began living it. I looked behind me to the closed door leading to my bedroom. Knowing what lie just beyond it nestled beneath the covers. A pang went through my heart and I quickly looked away. I knew whatever feelings were brewing inside of me had to snuffed, for her sake and mine.