The Lesson

Cheers 🤙🏻

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Chills went up and down my spine when all the noise in the room suddenly died and I noticed all of their eyes now focused on me. Feeling my cheeks flush, I immediately averted my gaze towards my feet. After a few moments of silence, the sound of footsteps approached me and I soon saw a pair of black shiny boots standing a few feet in front of mine.

I looked up and saw the now outstretched arm of the man Death and I had seen earlier. "I didn't get to properly introduce myself before. My names Jeff and I'm the right hand to the miserable bastard you've indentured yourself to. Welcome to the merry little band of misfits Miamora. I do apologize though. Seems this sorry lot behind me must've forgotten their manners." He said the last part, casting a demanding look at the rest of the group, in turn causing them all to smile and wave at me.

I took his hand in mine and he gave me a firm shake. "Nice to meet you, Jeff. You can call me Mia." I gestured to my side at Death and laughed, "And as for him, someone's gotta keep the arrogant ass on his toes."

The room grew silent and I swore I heard a few gulps as panic flashed across their faces. One of the girls even muttered something about the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The smallest smirk spread across Jeff's face, and I turned to look up towards Death. Even with his hood casting a shadow over most of his face, I could still make out the grey stormy eyes that now pierced into my own as I felt a wave of dread pass over me. His voice grew serious, "The next time you start seeing demons, don't come crying to me about it." He smirked and then glanced back to his people before him. "Starting tomorrow all of you, in groups of two, will be training Mia and catching her up on what exactly it is we do around here." He shot a glare at one of the men at the table, "I expect you all to play nice. No funny business."

A man behind Jeff stood up from the table and saluted, "Ay Ay Captain!," he said, causing light snickers to be heard throughout the room.

A low growl sounded from the man beside me. "I presume Jeff has delivered my message and personal promise, should you step out of line?"

A Cheshire-cat-like grin spread across the man's face. "Message received." He shifted his midnight colored eyes and bowed to me, "I'm sure we'll become well acquainted soon enough." His voice laced with sensuality causing heat to pool in my core.

What the fuck body?

My eyes widened in horror from my hormones betraying me. I looked up at Death and noticed that his usual grey eyes now contained specks of red and his posture became more angled as if he were ready to pounce. He spoke up, his voice now gravelly and seemingly out of breath, "Jeff, can you take Mia outside for just a sec? I need to have a word with our friends here."