New Girl in Town

Lisa

I knew I told him that I liked the challenge of learning Korean by using my surrounding.

But this is hard.

Groaning, me and my big mouth.

"Come on," Dahyun poke me, my face on the table I take a peek at her. Dahyun is a trainee from JYP, during free hours she would help me with my Korean out of kindness.

The others didn't have time to teach me a lot since they were working their asses off to stay in this industry. I can understand them though.

And I was grateful they were giving their time for me.

"Don't you have anything else to do?"

She giggles, "Nope, now go back to that." We were inside the cafeteria at the moment, there were others here too.

She's a really talented girl, I was confident I'd see her in television a few years from now.

"Hey, may we sit with you?" Raising our heads, Jennie and another girl was in front of us. It was the stranger speaking, holding out a food tray.

"Oh, Nayeon Unnie," Dahyun called out, "Sure."

Jennie has friends?

Nayeon smiles at Dahyun, gesturing Jennie to sit across of me then Nayeon beside Jennie.

"I'm Nayeon, I am in the same agency here with Dahyun," she introduces herself to me.

"I'm Lalisa Manoban," this time I quietly celebrate for not stuttering.

"Yes, I've heard about you, the great dancer in YG," she winks.

Jennie rolls her eyes, "What are you doing, Bunny? You're disgusting me." Bunny?

Nayeon laughs in reply.

"Are you teaching her Korean again?" Nayeon asked Dahyun. I can now better understand Korean though I have a hard time speaking it.

Casting my eye on Jennie, she silently eats not minding the three of us.

Through my months of being here, she hasn't spoken to me unlike the other trainess. Despite that, I can feel her glares aimed at me and competitiveness ablaze.

"Yes," my friend answers. The two were conversing while Jennie and I wordlessly continued with what we were doing.

My phone vibrates, fishing it out of my pocket.

Bambam: I'm bored 😣 Pokpak play with me.

I mentally chuckle, this asshole.

Lisa: Shoo, stop bothering me.

Our families were close and so were we. The both of us had the same interest in dancing so that was why when we were still small, we trained in a dance group specializing in b-boy.

I miss him, he came with me here in Korea because he thought it'd be cool for the both of us to be idols. Now that  I think about it, we didn't have much of a plan since we were always so focused in the present than in the future.

Bambam: I thought it'd be really fun but everyone here seems to be taking it all as if they'd die. I'm scared😭

Lisa: What does that have to do with me?

Bambam: Let's go out and play.

Lisa: Goodbye

"Who was that?" Dahyun and Nayeon had already stopped talking, I felt Jennie's eyes on me too. "Oh uhmm just a friend of mine."