Sacrifices

A/N: Everyone must be wondering why there was a Chaesoo chapter out of nowhere. Sorry I had to drop it somewhere.

Lisa

"Do you think we can finish all this writing in one-go?" I groan, going crazy at how Jennie wants to revise the song again.

Chaeng lay there looking like a limp body while her mouth chewed the skewer loudly. She stared emptily through space, too tired to even participate.

"Yah! She's even more dead than usual, let's just go to sleep," I whined again for the 5th time tonight.

Jisoo unnie poked Chaeng's cheek to see if she's okay.

"Mandu, sasquatch is telling the truth. Look at her," Jisoo unnie squinted as Chaeng remained laying on that cold hard floor.

We've been here practicing from morning till night. We're practically lifeless bodies at this point yet Jennie adamantly insists she would revise her rap part in Sure Thing.

"Aishh you can go for all I care, I'll just stay here till I finish it," she huffs already pissed at our persevering annoyance.

"Come on Jennie, you'll catch a cold," I frown just looking at her focusing.

I'll burn that notebook if she doesn't notice me. She's been stuck on that sheet of paper for far too long!

Ah... I must be going crazy.

"We're going to bed," Jisoo unnie yawns, not a single care with what happens to Jennie as long as she gets the sleep she deeply craved for.

She stands up and drags Chaeng by the hand, her corpse body sliding on the floor with ease.

I listened as the door closed and Jennie and I were the only ones left at 2 am.

Sighing, I crawled near the music booth, grabbing blankets from the chair.

"Here you go, Nini," I huff as I cover my little devil into a warm blanket. She loves it yet does not admit it to me.

"You don't have to stay," she directs it to me as she crumples yet another paper and throwing it away.

"You're my rap partner remember? We're both in this together. Now how can I help you?"

She smiles finally taking her eyes off that notebook. "Come here," she motions.

I did as what I was told. She moved to sit in between my legs. And by instinct, I hug her from behind, my hands intertwined on her stomach.

She leans her back on me then continues with her brainstorming, "Much better."

My chin plopped on her shoulder I read the first part she came up with.

"I fall in love every single time
I look into your eyes
Those eyes they never lie
I can tell you it's hard when you're not around
I get mad thinking
How I can't always have you around."

I have to hand it to her, she was good with this writing thing.

She laughs, the sound coming from her mouth was pure bliss and heaven to my ears

"What do you think? We can change yours too," she suggests excitedly.

How can I say no to that pretty face?

"Sure," I smile at her, ridding myself of the sleep that's been wanting to take over.

"Should I write yours then?" She  playfully snatches her notebook away from me.

I frown, "No, Nini. Let me improvise this time. Rap that part again and I'll try to connect a new one to it."

It took me ages to finally get a few perfect lines. And it didn't come directly from my ever diminishing brain cells.