Finding Nemo

Jennie

Cocooning myself inside a thick blanket, the cold still penetrated and made my body shiver underneath my thin layer of clothing.

Despite freezing, I dare not to open my eyes.

"Lisa can you lower the ac? I'm freezing to death here," my teeth chattering as I squirm.

I still wanted to take few shut-eyes before greeting my jobless life.

"Lisa," I groaned louder.

Silence responded.

I waited for a few more seconds till I had enough. Bursting out of the useless burrito, I search the room for my girlfriend.

But the room was empty.

Whimpering, I went ahead and turn the air conditioner off.

"She's probably at Rosé and Jisoo's room," I thought to myself. Changing into something decent, I made my way to the room a few doors from ours.

What time was it again?

Knocking on their door, I waited for the door to open and when it did, Rosé came out with her pajamas and disheveled hair.

"Good morning, Unnie. What is it?" She yawns. She was a mess, yet adorable still.

"Did I wake you up? Sorry, I was looking for Lisa. Is she in there?" I take a peek inside the door that was left ajar but a woman with brightly dyed hair was nowhere to be found.

"It's okay, Unnie. I'm afraid she's not here, try looking in the dining area, perhaps she's going for an early breakfast," she suggests, her eyes still sleepy.

"Thank you, are you okay though?"

She smiles at me, "Yes, Jisoo was just having another episode of her nightmares last night and I had to watch over her till it subsided."

"She hadn't grown from it?" I ask in worry.

She sighs, leaning her side to the door frame, "No. We're planning on adopting a new dog, I think it would be good for her. After losing Dalgom, it was hard for her to stop those nightmares on her own."

Holding Rose's hand, "It'd be okay."

She nods, there was silence there and before I could wave goodbye she asks me the question I didn't really want to hear.

"No more Blackpink?" the sadness in her voice mirrored mine.

Giving her my best gummy smile, "We're always Blackpink and that would never go away."

We might not be performing anymore like what we used to, but everyone will still remember who Blackpink is and for sure, we would not forget the title we won for ourselves.

"You're right," a hint of smile begins to glow in her features. And it brightens some more as her eyes lit up, "Wait is this the first day of not being Blackpink anymore?"

Raising my brow, "Are you happy?"

Her eyes widen and she lets out a giggle, "Oh heavens no! There's just something Jisoo and I planned to do."

A playful smile stayed on her lips.

"Are you going to tell me about it?" The light-heartedness and the glowing innocence in this woman in front of me had influenced my bland mood in some ways.

Flushing, she shakes her head.

"You'll find out later."

Chuckling, I step away and leave her to her own accord and God knows what kind of plan they were up to.