I am Home

Lisa

"Hey Jennie, what's the problem?" I knock for the fifth time, not understanding why we ended up in this situation.

We had been on good terms last night. So what went wrong?

Had I messed up my goodbye? Is this because I joked at her about going inside? Or is it because I took my foot and stopped her from closing the door?

A few hotel guests glanced at me as they went with their own business --- wondering why I sat in front of the door and refusing to move an inch.

There was silence inside, so I decided to call her again. I listen to her phone ringing with a Dua Lipa song as its ringtone.

Ending it, I sigh in annoyance.

I wait for another 5 minutes, the boredom slowly killing me. Stretching my long legs, I knock again.

"Jennie?"

I'm bored.

"Do you want to build a snowman?" My ear on the wooden door as I start singing the famous song.

"Come on, let's go and play," beckoning her merrily.

"I never see you anymore.
Come out the door,
It's like you've gone away," She doesn't answer, So I proceed again.

Skipping a few parts of Frozen's song because let's be honest. We weren't best buddies from the start.

"Do you want to build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman."

I hear the shuffle of her light footsteps inside, a smile escaping from my lips. But then it silently goes away, not as what I anticipated it to be.

"Lisa not today," she croaks.

Slouching, I sluggishly stand up, my mood being thrown into a pit.

"Okay, bye," turning on my heels, I drag my sling bag on the floor of the hallway.

Hearing the click of the door open. My head swiftly turns and in a single moment, a body engulfes itself into my arms.

She buries her face on the crook of my neck, her hands hugging me tightly and so I held her safely.

What the hell happened?

"Hey what's wrong?" I whisper over her smooth locks.

I thought it was impossible but she pulls closer to me. Our bodies combined tightly into one.

"Just say sweet nothings and it will all be over," she pleaded.

Raising my brow, a joking smirk tugged its way on my lips, "What if I don't want this to end?"

She clenches the back of my shirt whilst giggling.

"Nini you don't have to feel alone. I got you," she smiles on my shoulder before pulling away with that breathtaking look she always wore on-stage.

"Nini?"

"My Nini," the endearment was embarrassing to say. It was purely out of humor but she seemed to love it.

"Huh, your Nini. That doesn't sound bad."

My heart drummed furiously at the agreement of possession. "W-wha... Can I call you mine then?"

Listening intently to the next words.

"I think Nini sounds better without a 'My'," she teases. Hugging her again, I laugh loudly, "I strongly disagree, Nini."

One foot then the other, I successfully dragged her inside her room while still hugging her.

"You're getting cockier. Should I try to be cold to you again?" She jests.