Vulnerable at Some Point

Jennie

"You good?" Jisoo rolls around my bed, asking me the question. 

"Why wouldn't I be?" I smile at her, fixing my make-up kit. My hands trailing my collection of Chanel products. I felt her eyes on me, just studying me. "What's with you and Nalalisa?" she sits down, crossing her feet. 

Peering at her from the mirror, I shrug, "Nothing, why?"

"I don't think it's nothing. Both of you look really happy these days."

Coyly smiling, "Then do you want me to be sad?"

"No, but I want Rosé to be happy," I hear her say, barely a whisper. Turning from the stool, I raise my brow, "What about Rosé?"

She jolts, startled that I heard her. 

"Oh I just wish Rosé could be happy like that to have someone," she says as if it was nothing, "You can't lie to me, Jendeukie. What happened to you and Lisa?"

I can't get out of this without saying the truth. Raising my hands in surrender, "She confessed to me."

Momentarily pausing. Her reaction from that of shock to that of confusion and then to a large squeal of a fangirl had me laughing with tears in my eye.

"Wait! Wait! Cousin, spill it. Why didn't you tell me!" She rained pillows at my direction.

"And here I thought Lisa was a coward. I had my hunch right," her chin up, she smiles proudly at her deduction.

"You knew?"

"I guessed. Though it was difficult to tell since she could either like you or hate you," she shrugs.

Leaning, my hands on my knees, "Is it possible to hate someone and like them at the same time?"

Her eyes wide, "W-what? Could you possibly like her?"

"No, of course not. I just had the thought."

She examines me before letting it go, knowing I was telling the truth.

"I don't know much about attraction with actual people since I am only attracted to book characters. But from what I observed in dramas and novels, it is possible."

Nodding, so she wasn't joking? Lisa could really be stating the truth.

I really have a hard time believing that idiot.

"But what did you answer her?"

Twirling a lipstick on my hand, "I gave her a shot." Jisoo unexpectedly frowned, "Why?"

My brows furrowed from the thought, "I wanted to know what it was like for someone to love me or care for me."

"Are you going to fall for her, Jen?" She wasn't happy, but I didn't know why. I mean she asked for this.

"No. I don't want to," hugging my Teddy, I kiss its forehead, "I'm scared of the hurt that comes with it. So no thanks, I'd rather experience someone liking me than me liking someone."

"You're a monster," she showers me with that annoying smug look of hers that I simply cannot get over with since we were kids. She still keeps doing it to me just to irk me with her presence, rather feeling superior.

Throwing my Teddy at her, she dodges it with ease. Picking Teddy with a tilt of the head, "I've been with you most of the times when you buy your stuff toys. But I was curious, where did you get this from? You always brought this with you."

Oh, that was from Lisa. The one she gave me years ago, it had a golden color with the height of a ruler. "Someone gave it to me, I really like it that's why I still kept it with me."