Broken Record

Jisoo

"Unnie, we're inside a record store yet you're reading a book," taking a peek at the girl in front of me who was now holding a bunch of records.

"Is it a crime to read here?" I smiled at her.

She drops her eyes, "No. But I wanted to share my music with you."

I ignored the truth coming from my heart as it spoke a million things for just a simple gesture from Rosé.

Closing my book, I take her to the vinyl player. Without looking, I knew she was happy.

Don't blush now Chu. I repeat to myself all over again as she makes her way to play a few songs for me.

The store owner didn't mind. He was old and wrinkley; ancient and wise.

It was the Abbey Road album by The Beatles.

"Didn't you have this already?" I laugh as she followed the beat while she lip synced the first verse.

"Yes. I just love it," she pulls my hand and starts dancing groovily.

"Ah don't embarrass the two of us,"  I tried to stop her while she giggles. "Come dance with me Unnie," she makes me dance and twirl.

"No," I laugh huskily, "Rosé I'm bad at it."

"I love your dancing Unnie," she says truthfully.

Don't say that.

Coughing, I wander to the opposite shelf, looking for anything interesting. I knew Rosé was following behind, and I let her be.

"Unnie why do you want to keep it a secret? There's nothing bad with having Jennie unnie as your cousin," she starts.

I predicted she was going to ask.

Glancing at her, I keep my smile on.

"There are things we don't want others to know. Don't we, Rosé?" She caught the double meaning.

Clasping my hands behind me, I walk backwards just staring at her beauty.

Don't do this to yourself, Chu.

We aren't writing a lesbian story inside the girl group. I internally joked to hid the undenying ache in my heart.

I should have never went to Australia.

Flashback

"I have never ridden a plane," I swallowed nervously. My facade had now thawed as soon as I sat beside Rosé.

Thank Jisoos that no one noticed as I slipped inside the plane. The two of us went in at different times to avoid the cameras my way.

I'm not going to Australia for my holidays, sadly.

She turns and holds my hand worriedly, "Don't worry unnie. It'd be fine once it's in the air."

The damn transportation was rumbling and shaking as it moves in the runway.

WHAT IS THE PILOT DOING?! HE HAD ONE JOB!

I silently prayed to a God out there, my eyes shut as I braced myself. I felt Rosé tracing gentle circles on the back of my hand. The other lets me rest on her shoulder.

"It's not going to crash, Unnie," she plugs an earphone in my ear.

"How are you so sure?" I mumbled.