Behind the Story

A/N: So this is purely the author's explanation towards 'I Hated Her' and if you have 0 care please proceed to another story. Thank you!

For starters, I get there are tons of feedback with how they're frustrated with the events and the characters of the story.

This story, was obviously trying to represent or focus on how toxic one relationship can be.

There's always that push and pull and the evident slow searing scar burning you over and over again.

That's my own definition of toxicity -- when a person loses his or her self-esteem and instead, be swallowed by their "demons". Relationships are suppose to pull each other up, never to trample.

If it's the latter? Then there's something wrong with how you and your partner are running on things.

Anyways back to the main characters at hand:

Jennie --- I've read some agreeable commentaries on how frustrating her character can be on the story. Most would perhaps call her the bearer of poison in their relationship.

But this whole personality of hers had came to develop from her past. She wasn't taught right when it came to love nor social skills, so more or less that was how I pictured a bothered kid would grow up.

And in connect to our society today, some of us might not be in such a shitty situation. But, most of us got our little bits of venom from our past memories.

It's all a matter of ridding yourself with it. So that was what I was trying to transition Jennie till the end.

Now Lisa --- this woman was ironically, the constant anchor in their relationship despite her happy-go-lucky personality. As cliché as it seems, the happiest people are the best at hiding secrets. Or was that the actual saying?

Well then, all of you might think this is ALL Jennie's fault. Nevertheless, we have to give her some slack.

Lisa is also at fault for never calling out Jennie's mistakes and overboard attitude.

Instead of working on each other, Lisa succumbed to her endless love and thus, earned her nothing but damage. 

Now about Kai, in all honesty, I think I've repeated this a couple of times but Kai did not have anything to do with the ending. He was purely someone who butt in the real life event and since this is a non au, I had to put him in.

The side characters were there for the purpose of building up the events and helping the main characters in their situation.

So far, I've only encountered toxic relationships that lasted for 4 years, and although the relationship has ended they still haunt each other like ghosts.

And I think that could be said the same with Lisa and Jennie.

The reason why I sped up the process of writing was because if I drag too long, then things might get caught in the middle. For example, YG's issue, Seungri, some rumors, cfs and whatnot.

I wanted to avoid more fillers as best as possible.

Most if not all the readers had gotten the gist of everything. I made it excruciating, for all of you to understand fantasy vs. reality.

Yes, we all want a happy ending for JenLisa. But in this case, representing a toxic relationship, I wanted everyone to understand the slow process and feel the agony both characters and third parties are getting at.

So you would fully understand and even to some degree decide, that it's best for both of them to separate and grow.

Perhaps unintentionally, I was trying to teach all of you maturity.

Love can be so great you would want to hold onto it, but when love starts to become painful, you have to think, "If I stay in the long run, would it fix itself?"

If not, then that's what I had portrayed. Letting go is not a piece of cake, you will continuously look back.

Yes, you want her but the conflict is there, you needed the space.

I read all of your comments and did not miss a single one. I had crossed into a peculiar comment that had given me a sense of nostalgia.

When I was beginning to write I hated her, I could relate to the pain but never to the situation. And through the months, I weirdly have gotten to a situation that could somehow hilariously, be almost as the same situation as Jennie and Lisa.

The story had became personal to me, and frankly, it was hard to complete it because it was as if I was letting go of fragments of memories, the feelings and a part of my heart.

I almost forgot, the reason I would never release an Epilogue despite making one is that I don't want to soften the blow for the last chapter which was Orion. 

I think my organization skills for this chapter is satisfactory. Please bear with me, I can't seem to explain everything so perfectly. So tell me your thoughts and the things that I've missed out, I'll try to answer as accurate as possible ^-^