liar | ken x reader

It was late in the afternoon when I finally got dismissed for my college exam. Thank god I signed up for the day exam and not the night one, I would've been there til the next day.

I just couldn't wait to go home to my boyfriend, Kenneth San Jose. When we graduated highschool we both made the bold decision to get an apartment together. The best decision I've made honestly.

To my love ❤️: im on my way home babe

The entire taxi drive home he didn't reply. I didn't overthink it because he was probably busy playing fortnite or just figured he fell asleep waiting for me.

I paid the taxi driver and headed up my porch steps. I was so excited to run into my boyfriends arms and just fall asleep securely in them.

"Babe! I'm home!" I called out but to no answer, except I hear shuffling upstairs.

"Babe?" I called out cautiously.

Oh my god. What if there's an intruder?

I quickly grabbed a knife from my kitchen and went in search of Ken. I wanted him to be safe. I cared about him more than I cared about myself.

As I made my way upstairs, I heard it. I heard what no partner should ever hear from the love of their life, especially when it not coming from you.

Moaning.

My breath got caught in my throat as a harsh knot got stuck in my stomach. Tears burned my eyes as I held them in disbelief.

No, this can't be true.

My body felt as if it would tip over as I grasped onto a wall and held me up. I could hear it all. I brought my shaky hand to my mouth as I dropped the knife in the process. My whole body was trembling as I could hear them asking if they heard the sound of the knife hitting the floor.

The world seemed to have stopped spinning as Ken opened your bedroom door, just in the process of putting his shirt on.

"Y/n." He looked at you with wide eyes. He didn't think you'd be home early.

Your eyes burned more as you scanned his appearance. You saw the hickies on his neck and collarbone, ones you did not give him. You could smell the scent of perfume that wasn't yours. You saw a person that you once called your lover but could longer be yours.

"Y-y/n, let me explain." He stuttered, slipping his shirt on completely and walking towards you.

You stepped back, breathless. Speechless. Tears fell as you held a hand out in front of the both of you for him to stop.

"D-don't touch me." You gritted your teeth, gathering all the energy you had left to talk.

"Ba—"

"You have no right to call me that!" You yelled, he was taken aback by your outburst and stepped away.

"How dare you! You liar! Y-you cheater! I gave you everything!" You yelled at him, everything felt like it was spinning in rapid motion.

"Y/n plea—" he tried to hold you but you pushed him and his tainted body away.

"You never loved me. You're disgusting." Was all you said before you carelessly pushed passed him and entered the sin infected room.

You didn't even care to look at the woman in the middle of getting dressed. You just grabbed your suitcase and began throwing whatever belongings of yours that came to reach.

Kenneth grabbed your shoulders begging you to stop and listen but you couldn't do it.

"Get off!" You pushed him once more before zipping up your suitcase and quickly leaving the room.

He continued to call your name until you were out the door, "Y/n don't go! I'm so sorry! Ple—"

You turned to him and slapped him right in the face, cutting off his sentence.

"Go fuck yourself and that bitch as well, you pathetic liar."

And with that sentence. You were done.