dancing w/ a stranger | reader x ken

You can play the song if you want ahah

~~~

Your POV:

Shots after shots. Chug after chug. I took down every drink, just wanting to forget everything. To forget, him.

Would you believe someone I spent 2 years of my life with had actually been cheating on me for the past year?

How dumb of me, haha.

I felt as light as a feather as I chatted with friends and people I didn't even know. Even though I was struggling to put a foot in front of another I still managed to get on the dance floor with my friends. We jumped, shouted lyrics, grinded, oh and drank.

I felt in the clouds as I lost track of the people joining us to the point I'm pushed into someones chest. I'm met with big brown eyes that matched his dark brown, slightly over grown hair.

"Oops— sorry!" I giggled as he seemed amused with me.

"If you wanted a dance, you could've asked." He joked.

"Dance? We could dance!" I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He smiles brightly as he responds by putting his hands around my waist.

And soon I was dancing with a stranger.

I'm not even sure how long we were dancing but we were surely having fun. We were laughing and jumping around. Occasionally being shoved by other bodies dancing and bringing us closer together, not that either of us seemed to mind.

"Wa-want to get a drink?" I slurred unintentionally.

"I think you've had enough darling." He laughs as he holds me up.

"No, I don't thin—"

"Hey!" A voice yells over the music.

We both turn our heads and soon the strangers arms were forced off me. I nearly fall over but my friend catches me before I could. I take a look at the person that had pushed us and though my vision was blurry I just knew who it was.

"Dude! What's your problem?!" The stranger yells at Tyler.

"Who the fuck do you think you are being handsy with my girl?!" Tyler pushes him again.

"Your girl?!" I nearly puked as I stepped in between them.

"You lost the right to call me that the moment you stuck your dick into another girl!" The crowd goes off in "oo"'s and he clenches his jaw.

"Let's go!" He grits as he tries to grab my wrist but gets pushed back by the man I still don't know the name of.

"Back off dude." He stands between us.

The turning feeling in my stomach begins again as I try and contain for a little longer.

"I'm her boyfriend dumbass. Don't fucking start with me." Tyler steps towards him.

"Boyfriend? Doesn't seem like that to me. You don't seem capable to be one." He argues.

"Fuck." It's coming up. All of it.

The stranger turns back to me but I couldn't stop my instincts from running and looking for the closest place to puke.

I managed to make it out the crowd and to the backyard where I began puking behind a bush. Gross. My throat felt like it was burning. Disgusting.

I groaned as I walked to the nearest cooler and grabbed a bottle of water to rinse my mouth. After releasing probably half of what I consumed tonight, I started to remember him again. Just when I was forgetting.