insecure | ken x reader

been deadly insecure lately so heres this bc i need this :-)()()))))

December 10, 2017

"Ken! This is my friend y/n! Thought I'd introduce you to her since you keep staring at her!"

"Tati!" Ken whisper-shouted while both Ken and y/n's cheeks heat up after Tati's openly spoken remark.

"What? It's true! You've been staring at her since the moment she walked into class so you're welcome." She winked at him playfully making Ken even more embarrassed.

Ken looks over at y/n was trying to hide her face behind her hair and Tati's body.

Tati was right.

He couldn't stop staring at her.

She's beautiful.

January 01, 2018

"You here alone?" Ken asks y/n as he notices her keeping to herself at one side of the couch while everyone else was dancing around and celebrating the new year.

She looks up at him looks up at him nervously before nodding, "Uh, yeah." She smiled small before looking away and tapping her mug with her finger tips.

Ken thought she was so cute whenever she was nervous.

"Hey guys group picture!" Gabe announced as everyone started to gather to one corner.

"Let's get in the picture!" Ken smiled excitedly as he held out his hand for y/n to take.

Y/n looked up with red cheeks and furiously shook her head, "Oh no! I'm fine, thank you."

Ken persisted she did but she still did not get up and join the picture.

February 08, 2018

"Deep breaths, Ken. You got this." Ken tried to assure himself as he began walking up to you with a purple card in his hand.

"Hey, y/n." Ken smiled at you as you took your eyes off your book.

"Hi, Ken." You smiled shyly back before tucking your hair behind your ear.

"I, uh, was.. okay give me a moment." Ken laughed nervously as you looked at him and laughed a little with him to ease his tension.

"I'm not actually good with words so good thing I came prepared." Ken chuckled before he took a seat infront of you and nervously slid over his card to you.

You looked at the card then back at him with quite a confused look before gently picking it up.

"For me?" You tilted your head a bit in question.

"Uh, yeah." He smiled nervously as he scratched the back of his head. "You can read it now."

"Okay." You laughed slightly before turning it over and reading the cover.

Valentine's day is coming up,
so I decided to suck it up.

On February 14th do you have anything to do?
Because I wouldn't want to spend Valentine's day with anyone else but...