Family Over Everything

Chris

I heard Cree talking and then a loud ass gun shot. Damn I knew I should've stayed there.

I yelled for her to stay awake and I grabbed Christo and put him in the car.

I dropped him off at my Mom's house and sped over to King's.

When I got there I saw Cree laying in a pool of her own blood and picked her up and carried her to my car.

"C-Chris?" she said faintly.

"Baby girl stay with me okay." I said and blinked fast because tears were blurring my vision.

I sped up to 100 and stopped when I parked in the lot.

"Help!" I yelled as I ran in the emergency room with her in my arms.

A couple of nurses rushed over and one brought a gurney to lay her on. I tried to follow them but one nurse held me back.

"They're taking her to the operating room and you can't go in there." she told me.

I paced around but chose to sit for a minute. I need to tell one of her family members or something but her mom hates me.

I thought for a while and remembered her sister gave me her number incase of an emergency. I pulled out my phone and found her in my contacts.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Aliyah, Cree's in the hospital" I said getting straight to the point.

"For what? Is she okay?"

"She was shot,"

"N-n-no, where is she?" she asked and you could hear the panic in her voice.

"The hospital at West Point." I said and she hung up.

After about fifteen minutes Aliyah walked in and searched the room for me. Then walked over when she spotted me sitting down.

"What happened?" she asked me.

"I was on the phone with her and she thought King had entered the house but it wasn't him. I heard them talk for a minute and then a gun shot." I said and she wiped my tear stained face.

"You really love her don't you?" she asked and I nodded.

"I knew King was no good for her." Aliyah mumbled.

"You think she's gone be okay?" I asked her.

"She'll be fine. I'm sure of it. She was always meant for big things." Aliyah said with a small smile. "You know, when she was little, our grandparents would always tell her how much talent she had and how she would achieve anything she wanted... she wanted to be a fashion designer and model and she wanted to be with a singer." Aliyah said and poked my arm and a smile curled upon my lips.

"Family of Caressa Harris?" a doctor said and Aliyah and I stood.

"Ms. Harris is just fine." he said with a smile and me and Aliyah sighed in relief.

"The bullet hit three inches away from her heart. Luckily the necklace she was wearing prevented it from going to far in. She's actually awake now if you wanna see her. She's trying to avoid sleeping." he said and chuckled at the last part.

He told us room 503 in the east wing so we went there and peeked in her room to see if she was awake.

"Y'all can come in." she said with her Georgian accent coming out.

"Hey, how are you." I said walking towards her but Aliyah rushed past me and ran to hug her.

"Aliyah you're hurting me." Cree said and she let go.