18. Wrong memories

Edd's POV:

I kept hugging Tord before I noticed that he fell asleep. I sighed and carefully picked him up. I placed him on the couch. I then looked at the robotic arm that was still laying on the ground, oil coming out of it.

I picked it up. "Where do you guys think he got this?" I asked Tom and Matt. They looked at me. "I have no idea, Edd. But I don't like it... What happened to him?" Tom asked. We didn't know how to answer. We looked at Tord and the little thing he had on his hand.

It looked like a watch. We didn't know if we should touch it, but I was really curious. I carefully took it and looked at it. "What do you think is it, Edd?" Tom asked me. "I...don't know... But it's not a watch." I answered.

"Maybe we shouldn't do anything with it, who knows what this thing can do." Matt said. I nodded and placed it on a table in the kitchen. "Okay, but what should we do with this robotic arm?" I asked them.

Tom took it from me. "I don't know, but do you think it's safe to give him the arm back? What if something like that happens again?" He asked. "You're right, Tom. It's not safe." I answered. I sighed. "What happened to you, Tord?'

Tord's POV:

I was...in that place again. Will I ever have some normal dreams again? It looked like there were more bubbles than the last time I was here.

I smiled. "This is a great way to find more about my past!" I said and popped one. I thought that I would see blurry again or it would be just black, but I was wrong. It was clear. VERY clear...

I opened my eyes. I was sitting on a chair. My arm wasn't a robotic one, it was completly normal... I looked around myself and almost freaked out. There was some kind of control pannel in front of me with lots of buttons. I was holding two levers. I didn't know, where I was.

It felt like I was in the sky. I looked down and saw...Edd and Matt. But...no Tom... Where was he? 'Where am I? What is happening here?' I thought. My eyes widened. I saw two destroyed houses beneath me.

I was in the giant robot! I wanted to scream at Edd that it's okay and that I'll stop this, but I said something I didn't want to and regretted it. "Hah! So long...old friends!" I felt like flying. I wanted to stop this. I wanted to stop myself, but I figured out that I had no control of this thing.

"I. Am Not. Your FRIEND!" I heard...Tom yell. My eyes were filled with tears. Somehow I knew what will happen. I looked down and saw Tom holding a harpoon gun. He pointed that thing at me and fired.

I saw the harpoon flying towards me, hitting the giant robot. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what happened next.

I heard an explosion and felt a sharp pain in my arm and my face. I opened my eyes. A piece of the giant robot was laying on top of me so I pushed it off with left arm. I stood up and held my right arm in pain.

I was on the hill. The place where I woke up. I expected to just pass out and then everything will be what I remembered it to be. That I will wake up and I will not remember anything. But suprisingly, that didn't happen...

I heard a car... I turned around, suprised. I did not expect this. Two men walked out of the car and gasped when they saw me. My eyes widened as I saw them.

It was Paul and Patryck! I sighed quietly as I looked to my left. I saw...my robotic arm laying there on the ground. I picked it up and looked at it.

Paul ran up to me, holding some bandages. He carefully grabbed my injured arm and started wrapping it up with bandages. I winced slightly, but stayed silent.

I kept looking down at the guys walking away. I guessed they were going to their apartments. Patryck then took the robotic arm from me and Paul finished bandaging my arm. "Red Leader, it's time to go..." Paul said. I sighed and nodded.

I walked to their car and sat inside. I closed the door and Paul started the car. We drove off. I sighed and closed my eyes. I felt terrible, but I wondered what happened. Paul and Patryck weren't suppose to arrive...

And then, everything went silent. I was floating in a void. "This wasn't suppose to happen..." I heard a voice whispering to me. 'Huh?' I thought, confused.

"You ruined everything..." Another voice whispered. "This isn't right... This didn't happen..." Another voice. "They never came. They never came..." I covered my ears and fell on my knees. (Hey, that rhymes!)

"Stop!" I yelled. The voice didn't stop talking, but they just got louder. I closed my eyes. "STOP!!!" I screamed my lungs out. It all stopped. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. It was still all black.

Then suddenly, a light appeared in front of me. In the light stood a person. It was me!...but still a bit different.

He had the robotic arm on, eyepatch was covering his right eye and he wore the uniform I saw at the army base. He glared at me. "Don't mess with the memories..." He said.

"Huh?" I asked him. Then he dissapeared and I suddenly started falling. I was scared... I kept falling...and falling...but I never hit the ground...

I woke up, sweating. My eyes were wide open and I was breathing heavily. I looked around myself and realized it was just a dream. I sighed in relief and calmed down a little. I sat up and looked at the time.

It was only two in the morning. I groaned and stood up. My knee didn't hurt at all and my arm...well... I didn't have my robotic arm on. And I didn't think it was a good idea to put it back on.

I was tired, but I didn't really want to sleep. I walked to a window and opened it. I looked up at the stars and smiled. I felt relaxed. My mind wandered to the strange dream I had. I was really confused.

'That wasn't suppose to happen? They weren't suppose to be there? What does that mean?' I asked myself. But I didn't know the answers. I just thought that Paul and Patryck weren't suppose to arrive there...but that was all.

I sighed. 'Were those the wrong memories?'