7. Why did you lie..?

Tom's POV:

I woke up and my head hurt a lot. I saw many empty bottles of smirnoff next to my bed. 'Oh yeah, I got drunk again.' I thought. I stood up slowly and immediately sat down again. My head was spinning.

After a few minutes it finally calmed down a little and I stood up. I was feeling a bit dizzy as I walked out of my room, but I knew it was normal.

I walked into the kitchen and decided to make some breakfast. I didn't know if Tord was asleep or not. I walked into the living room. "Tord, are you awa-OH MY GOD!!!" I yelled the last part when I saw him.

He was laying on the broken glass coffee table, broken pieces of glass surrounding him. Some of them were stuck on his skin! His knee was cut open and his left eye was black! He had a couple of bruises as well. I gasped and ran up to him.

"Tord? Tord! Are you okay?" I yelled at him. He didn't respond. I carried him bridal style in the bathroom. I sat him down and took some bandages and tweezers. I took out the shards out of his skin with the tweezers and I cleaned the scars with some tissues.

Then there was his knee. I didn't really know what should I do about it, so I just bandaged it. I was not a doctor.

After I was done, I took the shards carefully and threw them in the rubbish bin. I then picked Tord up and layed him on my bed. I bought an icepack and placed it on his black eye.

I walked back into the living room and started cleaning the broken glass. 'What did he do? Did he just fall on the table, causing all of this damage?' I thought. I didn't remember what happened yesterday. I sighed.

When I was finished, I returned to my bedroom and Tord was still unconscious. I sat on the bed beside him and watched him. I was really wondering what happened. I mean, he isn't THAT stupid to just fall on the table, right?

I begun spacing out when I heard a groan. I snapped out of it. Tord moved his head slightly. "Tord? Wake up." I said and took the icepack off so he could see, since the other side was covered in bandages.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Thank god, you're okay." I said. He just stared at me, his expression changing from confused to terrified.

"Tord? Are you alr-" He cut me off. "No! No, no, no, no! I-I'm so sorry, I don't want to fight, please don't hurt me!" He said and hid his face, shaking a little. I was now the one who was confused. "Fight? What do you mean?" I asked him.

He looked at me. "Y-you don't remember what happened last night..?" He asked me, calmed down a little. I shook my head. "Not really..." I answered. He stopped shaking. "What happened?" I asked him.

He stayed silent. "I found you laying on a broken coffee table! You had a black eye, a lot of bruises and your knee was not okay as well!" I said. He sighed and looked at me. "Okay, I'll tell you, Tom." He said. He took a deep breath.

"Well, I was just sleeping on the couch, not really breaking the rules. I was not touching your stuff, I was not touching you and I did not take your alcohol. Then you came, holding a bottle of smirnoff. You looked kinda drunk." He paused. I nodded to let him know that I was listening.

"I just decided that you should go to bed so you wouldn't do anything stupid. So I stood up and tried to talk to you, but you punched me in the face. I stood up again and you started yelling at me things that really hurt me. Then you punched me again and this time it was my eye. That's why my eye is black." He contiued. I just stayed silent.

"Then I decided it would be better to run and so I did. You chased after me and tackled me to the ground. You punched me a few times again and I just tried to run. And then after a while, you drank the smirnoff and smashed the empty bottle againts my head, making me fall on the table." He said. My 'eyes' widened.

"And then you were just kicking me until I passed out. Welp, that's all." He finished the story. I was just staring at him with wide 'eyes'. "T-Tord, I..." I didn't know what to say. He just sighed and looked down.

I wanted to say something when someone knocked on the door. I stood up and opened it to see Edd. He smiled at me. "Hello, Tom! Do you and Tord want to come for some breakfast?" He asked.

"Alright, we'll be there in a minute." I answered and closed the door. Tord looked up at me and stood up. I just stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

We then started walking to Edd's apartment. He was limping on his leg. I shot a worried glance at him. I knocked on Edd's apartment and he opened the door. He smiled. "Hello, Tom and...Tord..." His smile faded when he saw Tord.

He didn't comment it and let us in. Matt was already there, eating a bacon and some eggs. He admired himself in a mirror. "Hey, Matt." I said. "Hey, Tim and Todd." He answered, not even looking away from the mirror.

I rolled my 'eyes' and sat down. Tord did the same. We started eating. Matt finally looked at us, smiling. But his smile faded as well when he saw Tord. We all ate in silence, Edd and Matt were looking at Tord worriedly.

Edd then finally broke the silence. "So...Tord? Can I ask you something?" Tord looked up at him. "What...happened to you?" He asked him. I froze.

'Okay, I'm in trouble. He's gonna tell Edd everything and I'll have to say goodbye to my alcohol!' I thought. He looked at me. I just looked down. "Well..."

Tord's POV:

"It's really nothing to worry about, Edd. I was just looking around Tom's apartment and then I accidentaly tripped and fell on the glass coffee table..." I answered. I could see Tom look up at me with a suprised look. I looked at him.

"Yeah, sorry about that table, Tom." I said. It took him a while to respond. "I-it's okay." He answered. "Okay then..." Edd said, still looking worried. But he looked calmer.

I didn't know, why I lied. I didn't know, why I didn't tell him the truth. I just...couldn't...somehow. I finished the breakfast and stood up. "Thanks for the breakfast, Edd. I appreciate it." I said and smiled at him. He smiled back. "You're welcome."

Tom finished eating as well and we left Edd's apartment. We reached our place and walked in. I sat on the couch and Tom sat next to me. He kept looking at me. 

"Hey, Tord?" I looked at him. "Yes?" I asked him. "...Why did you lie to Edd?"