37. Y-you're back..?

Edd's POV:

I woke up and sighed. I immediately thought about Tord. Tears were forming in my eyes. I wiped them away and stood up. I left my room and walked into the kitchen.

I decided to make some breakfast since I invited Matt and Tom to come over. I decided to make pancakes. I toom the ingedients I needed when suddenly the doors slammed open. I jumped a little. "Edd! Tord's calling us again!" Matt yelled with happiness with Tom behind him.

I smiled. "Great! Pick it up!" I said and walked up to Tom. He nodded and picked up the call. I felt happy. Happy that he didn't forget about us and happy that he was actually calling us again. He really did care about us... I was really curious what he had to say...

Tom's POV:

I picked up the phone call. I was excited. I really wanted to talk with Tord again. I missed him! And it looked like Edd and Matt felt the same.

Tom: Hello?
Tord: T-Tom! Hello.

Tom: Hey, Tord... How are you? Is everything alright?
Tord: Actually, yes! It's...it's just perfect!
Tom: Did something good happen?
Tord: ...Yes.

I smiled. He said something good happened! I wondered what it was... But...something was off with him... He didn't sound so...happy... I brushed it off.

Tom: What is it?
Tord: Well...... I'm coming back!

I froze. He...he was coming back..? But...I thought they wouldn't let him... I knew I should feel happy, but I still felt like something was bothering him.

Tom: A-are you...serious..?
Tord: Y-yes! I'm coming back home!
Tom: That's...awesome! When will you come?
Tord: Probably today. Or maybe tomorrow. I don't know yet.
Tom: Oh god! We all miss you so much, Tord! I'm really glad you're coming back! ...But...
Tord: ...But?
Tom: You...don't sound so happy... Is something bothering you?
Tord: No, don't worry about it. I'm okay. I'm just...tired from all the work.
Tom: Oh... Okay then.
Tord: Can I talk with the others as well?
Tom: Yeah, sure!

I smiled. I handed the phone to Edd. "Tord's coming back and he wants to talk to you!" I said. Edd gasped and nodded. He took the phone immediately.

Edd's POV:

I took the phone from Tom. Tord was coming back? Really!? Oh god, I was so excited! I didn't expect it to happen! But it did!

Edd: Hi, Tord! I heard that you're coming back home!!!
Tord: Heh, hello, Edd. And yes, it's tr-
Edd: YESSS! Oh, we miss you sooo much, Tord!!!
Tord: Calm down, Edd.
Edd: You're coming back! And I am really happy! When will you arrive?
Tord: Probably today or tomorrow.
Edd: Yes! I am so excited! And you will stay here, right?
Tord: Heh...uhh...of course..
Edd: YE- wait... Why do you sound so upset? Are...are you not happy to come home?
Tord: N-no! It's nothing like that, Edd. I'm just...tired, okay?
Edd: Oh. Okay then, I understand. Do you want to talk to Matt?
Tord: Y-yes, please.

I smiled and handed the phone to Matt. He took it. I started running around my apartment, excited for Tord's arrival. I felt so happy. He was one of my best friends so of course I felt great! Tom tried to calm me down and I did. We then stayed silent so Matt could talk with Tord as well.

Matt's POV:

Matt: Hello, Tord!
Tord: Hey, Matt. You know already that I'm coming back, right?
Matt: Heh, of course! Edd looks like he's about to explode with happiness.
Tord: Heh.
Matt: But still, Tord... How come that you're telling us that you can't come back and suddenly tell us you're coming back home..?
Tord: ...
Matt: Tord? Are you okay?
Tord: You don't need to worry about it...Matt. I'm just happy to come back... They finally...understood...
Matt: Tord... Are you crying..?