36. A mission for you...

Tom's POV:

It's been three days since what happened to Tord. After it happened, it all just felt...dead... Matt completly stopped admiring himself  and usually just doesn't do anything. Then Edd... He was making me really worried.

He was silent. He didn't want to go outside, he wasn't saying any puns, jokes or anything positive and cried most of the time. And I... I just felt...empty... Broken, lost, lonely... I felt terrible. I wanted him to come back. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to cuddle with him. I wanted it to be just like old times...

We all missed him... It was like something was seriously missing from our lifes... I didn't know, how Tord felt. I didn't know if he missed us as well, I didn't know if he was okay and safe and I didn't know if we would ever see him again.

We were all sitting on a couch in Edd's apartment, watching tv. Well, none of us was really paying attention. Matt was staring into space, Edd was looking down with a dull expression on his face and I just kept thinking about Tord and what he said.

'I can't tell you, where I am. I know these people. I don't know if I'm ever coming back.......I love you...' These thoughts were replaying in my head over and over again. Especially the last one... Did he really mean it?..

I sighed. Even though he forgot everything that happened after the incident, his feelings didn't change. And mine didn't too. I loved him. I loved him so much... And now...he was gone. I was unsure if I would ever see him again and I had lots of questions with no answers.

I felt so sad... I wanted to see him... I missed him. I curled up in a ball and hid my face. I sobbed quietly. 'Come back, Tord...' I thought to myself. Edd placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him with tears in my 'eyes'.

He looked tired and worried. "We know how you feel, Tom. We miss him too..." He said and hugged me. Matt nodded and joined the hug. I sighed and hugged them back. "But there is still hope. Maybe one day, he will come back." Matt said and smiled softly.

I sighed and returned the smile. "Yeah... Maybe..."

Tord's POV:

I woke up. My head was spinning, my eyes were burning and my hair was a mess. I took my new phone and checked the time. It was 9 am already? I sighed. 'I guess I cried myself to sleep again, huh?' I thought.

I wanted to sleep again. I haven't seen my friends in three days and I missed them. I really did. But I found a new friend. He was under my bed... A knife... He was helping me to get the pain away. It helped sometimes.

Though nothing could just take away my sorrow. I missed them way too much. I was about to go back to bed, but something stopped me. I looked at my phone again.

'Should I..?' I thought. After a while of thinking, I decided to do it. I decided to call them. I wanted to talk with them. I needed to talk with them. I sighed and dialed Tom's phone number. I could remember it like an easy password.

It started ringing. I was slightly panicking and really nervous. After a while...someone picked it up...

Tom: U-uhh, hello..?
Tord: T-Tom!
Tom: T-T-Tord!?
Tord: Yes! I-it's me, Tom. Tord...

There was silence. That made me feel a little anxious. I sat on my bed and waited for what was going to happen.

Tom: T-Tord... You don't even know how much we miss you!
Tord: ...I know... I miss you too... I wish I could talk more often, but I can't. I'm getting more tired and there's a lot of work I have to do. It's really stressful.
Tom: ...What work? What are they doing to you!?
Tord: C-calm down, Tom. Like I said earlier, I know these people. I know this place. I know what to do. You don't have to worry.