28. The kiss

Tord's POV:

I sighed softly. "I-it was about... Well, there was... W-we were there... We were little kids and we were playing on a small playground..." I said. Tom nodded. "Go on." He said. "...And then we climbed on a tree and sat on one of the branches." I continued.

"...Okay?" He said. "A-and then... I just...I don't really know... I just said that I wanted to fly and then I...jumped off the branch... I remember you telling me that you'll get help and ran off while I passed out..." I finished.

Tom looked suprised. "D-did that really happen?" I asked him. He then pulled me into a hug. That suprised me... I hugged him back. He mumbled something under his breath. "Hmm? Did you say something?" I asked him.

"...I'm sorry..." He said. I raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" I asked him, confused. He pulled away from the hug. "I'm sorry... I couldn't stop you from jumping..." He said and looked down.

"H-huh? So...you mean that really happened?" I asked him. He sighed and nodded. I felt bad. I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Tom... It's not your fault. And besides, I was not really that injured from the fall, right?" I asked him with a small smile on my face.

He just stayed silent. That made me feel a bit...weird. "Or, w-were the injuries bad..?" I asked him. He looked up at me and I was suprised when I saw tears in his 'eyes'. "T-Tom?" He pulled me into another hug.

I hugged him back tightly and he cried on my shoulder. I patted his back. "Tom... D-don't be sad...please... Whatever happened to me, I forgive you." I said. He wiped his tears away. "No..." He said.

I was now really confused. "Huh? What? I'm so confused, Tom. What happened?" I asked him. He pulled away from the hug. "We, uhh... We got into a fight.... It was bad and..." He sighed and started crying again.

I was curious. I wanted to know what happened to make Tom this upset. "Tommy..." I said and wiped his tears away. "What happened?"

He looked down. "...Our friendship was destroyed... We went from best friends to enemies. I was mad at you, because I thought that you wanted to kill yourself or something and you weren't talking to me, because you just thought that I hated you..." He paused. I gasped and covered my mouth.

"And then one day, we moved in with Matt and Edd. We still fought a lot. Edd tried to stop it, but we didn't really listen to him. But then, you were just giving up on those fights. You were not fighting back. You just...ignored me..." He continued.

Tears were forming in my eyes. I didn't want this. "And one day... I found you in your room...you were.....cutting..." He said. "H-huh?" I was terrified. "You were cutting! And I, being the foolish person I was, just let it be and walked away!" He said, tears streaming down his face.

"And then, after a month, you left. You left us. And you didn't show up for eight years... I tried to just...forget about you, but I felt guilty. I thought it was my fault that you left us...and I felt terrible... And then you returned and...almost killed us..." He finished.

I was shocked. I did not expect this. Tom fell on his knees and cried. He was shaking. Tears were falling down my face and I couldn't stop them. Tom kept apologizing to me.

I kneeled down next to him and hugged him again. He burried his face in my chest, he kept crying and saying sorry over and over again. I rubbed small circles on his back, trying to calm him down.

"It's okay, Tom... It's fine... I'm here now... I'm sorry too." I said and placed my chin on his head. He wrapped his arms around me and stayed silent. I was saying calming things to him and after a few minutes he calmed down.

He wiped his tears away and looked up at me. "T-thank you..." He said. I smiled at him. "You're very welcome..." I answered. I then helped him up.

"You know, I...I didn't know you...you felt that way..." I said and rubbed my neck nervously. He looked down, blushing a little. That made me smile. I wrapped my arm around his neck and he looked at me.

I giggled and kissed his forehead. His face went completly red and mine did as well when I realized what I did. My eyes were wide open and I was frozen in place. "U-umm..." I looked away. "I-I'm so sorry for that!" I said.

"U-uhh, it's okay..." He answered. I was about to say something when the door opened. Edd and Matt walked in. "Heyyyyyyyyyy, guys!" Edd said, smiling. "Heya!" Matt said. We just stared at them, still blushing. "Uhh, hey." I said.

Tom's POV:

Edd's smile faded and he raised an eyebrow. "Uhh, are you both okay? Your faces are red..." He said. I hid my face. "W-we're fine." I answered. Edd looked confused. Matt leaned in closer to Edd and whispered something in his ear.

Edd then smirked. Me and Tord looked at each other and then back at them. "It's not what it looks like, I swear!" Tord said, his face still red.

Edd and Matt chuckled. "Suuuuure." Edd said. "It's true!" I said. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Matt said, smiling.

They walked into the living room and sat on the couch, Matt whispering something in Edd's ear again while Edd was chuckling. Me and Tord just stood there, looking at each other. We were both blushing.

I was spacing out. I smiled a little and closed my eyes. Then I was just completly ignoring everything that was going around me. I could hear quiet footsteps behind me, but I ignored them.

I kept thinking about Tord. His beautiful fluffy hair. Or his eyes. I always got lost when I looked in his eyes... Just...beautiful... Or his accent, I loved hearing him sing as well. His voice was so-wait...huh?

"NOW!" I heard someone yell, making me snap out of my thoughts. "Huh!?" I managed to yell before Edd pushed me and I fell towards Tord. Matt did the same with Tord. Before I realized it, I was kissing Tord. 

My 'eyes' were wide open and my whole face was even redder than Tord's hoodie. He looked shocked. Matt and Edd were fangirling and taking pictures of us.

I wanted to pull away from the kiss, but it was like something was stopping me from doing so. Tord was the first one to snap out of his trance and pulled away from the kiss.

We just stared at each other. It was like the time has stopped. It felt like eternity. I could feel tears in my 'eyes'. I hid my face and ran into my room. I could hear Tord shout my name, but I didn't listen.

I locked the door and sat on my bed. I started crying. I didn't know, why. Was I scared? Was I angry? Was I terrified? Was I...in love..?