Chapter 17: The Halcyon Squad

A/N: Hello everyone! So we are nearing the big battle and more Ulquihime fluff! I'll try to upload the rest of part one as fast as possible, and already have the draft for chapter one of the prequel. Hope you enjoy and Thanks for reading!

©Bleach and its characters don't belong to me, they belong to Tite Kubo and Shonen Jump. The only characters that belong to me are Shizuka, Anna Maria, and Jeanne.  

Chapter 17: The Halcyon Squad

She should have guessed that what Shizuka was planning would involve partying.

Tatsuki, Ichigo, Ishida, Chad and all of the shinigami and vizard were there. What surprised her, however, was that she saw all of the arrancar on the beach too.

"Hey, you three! Glad you got here early."

"Hi, Shizuka-San! How'd you get everyone here?"

"Easy! Just reported it was a training exercise. You know Anna's shikai can bend the laws of science to her will, who's to say she won't use water against all of us?"

"Clever as always I see." Ulquiorra mentioned. "Good luck keeping all of them in check."

"Now that you mention it, when they got here the tall one and Gin started fighting. Halibel had to tell em' off."

"Typical." Both Ulquiorra and Orihime answered in unison.

"I need to go discuss something with my captain but you can go hang with the others if you like. By the way Ulquiorra, Hitsugaya and Hinamori are looking for you."

"I'll go talk to them."

Once Ulquiorra left Shizuka turned towards Orihime. "I'll go see you guys once I'm done talking to Captain Otoribashi."

"Ok. See you later Shizuka-San!"

***
"Captain Hitsugaya, Lieutenant Hinamori, I was told you two wished to speak with me?"

"Yes Schiffer-San, please sit down." Hinamori smiled as he sat beside her and Hitsugaya.

"Shizuka told us this morning that you might've been feeling a little uncertain about how to deal with your emotions towards Inoue-San."

'So that was it.' When Shizuka mentioned the two young shinigami wished to speak with him he was confused. He should have guessed they would want to discuss their friend.

"Yes. For some time now I've had been coming to terms with my feelings for the woman. I am now fully aware that I do have romantic attraction towards her. However, the things that have happened between us, seem too difficult to fix. Even if she herself has forgiven me."

Hitsugaya nodded. "It's similar to what happened to us."

Ulquiorra raised an eyebrow. "You two are on the same side, why would you go through conflict?"

Momo chuckled. "Oh, that's not exactly true. You see back in the summer before Aizen had betrayed the Soul Society I was his lieutenant. My admiration for him was quite great and when he faked his death I fell into a horrible depression. Aizen left 'clues' to his supposed murderer, they ended up leading to Shiro-Chan. Back then I didn't think it was a ruse, so I attacked Shiro-Chan." Her voice cut off. It was clear that this event had left an impact on the young lieutenant.

"Momo already apologized and I told her that I forgave her, but she still feels guilty. And I understand her because I hurt her once too."

"What happened?"

"After Aizen left Las Noches he was about to launch his attack on Karakura, we switched it out for a replica hoping to defeat him there and protect the city. In the midst of battle, he used his Kyoga Suigetsu on all of us. Instead of attacking him...We all attacked Momo."