Chapter 36: Mors Misericordiae

A/N: Hello everyone! We are at last, in the final battles. Thanks for your continuous support and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Leave me a comment if you like. Thanks for reading! 😋🤗

© Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Anna, Catalina, Hanabira, Mitsuru, Hibiki, and the Fujiwara Clan belong to me.

*Trigger Warning for:  Mentions of gore, torture, abuse and attempted suicide

Chapter 36: Mors Misericordiae

This was the night he'd been waiting for his whole life.

Sosuke stood at the edge of a stone platform Anna had summoned. It was as if he stood in the middle of space, yet there was no need for a suit or a ship. The starry sky was simply an artificial creation, but expanded almost infinitely like everything and nothing at once.

"I thought you might be here." Anna whispered in his ear as she hugged him from behind.

"Hello, my queen. Are you ready?"

"Yes. The others are talking to Tsukishima and Riruka before we leave. They're also prepared, although Yukio-kun seems a little nervous."

"We'll all have to make sure to keep an eye on the child. Asami has contacted me this morning, he'll be the one guarding the vaults."

"He's still a sneaky one. I'm surprised he reached out to us so suddenly."

"It only natural, at one point we were all siblings. I'd like to think that connection still matters. Asami-kun must think so as well."

Anna took his hand and leaned on his shoulder. "When this is all over, I want to see them all again, properly this time."

Sosuke knew what his wife meant. There were so many people that they loved, who were still in the Soul Society. If they successfully took over, they would finally see them again.

'Not if, when. This time you'll win.' Kyoka Suigetsu spoke in his mind.

'You're far more supportive now, I wonder why that is.'

'Shut up Sosuke! I'm not letting you get locked up again.' The zanpakuto crossed her arms and pouted. 'Besides, it's not like my warnings would do any good, this is your goal, is it not?"

'It is.'

Sosuke turned around at the sound of footsteps. The fullbringer group joined them.

"We're ready."

Anna looked at him for confirmation. Sosuke nodded.

She gave each of the fullbringers a small key. "If the worst came to pass, this key will allow you to return here without the need for my portals. The dimension is built to last without me, you won't get trapped if I fall. Best of luck."

Hugs and words of encouragement were exchanged before the departure. Anna made three different portals. One for him, one for herself and one for Kugo.

"When you're done with your tasks we shall meet at the Senkaimon gate. Good luck everyone."

Anna gave one last hug to her friends, and then a deep kiss to Sosuke. 'See you soon.' she whispered in his ear.

Anna was the first to head to her portal, Yukio and Giriko would be joining her.

Once they disappeared, it was Kugo's turn, he offered his arm to Jackie and they walked away.

'Its just us now.'

'Yes. Let us end this once and for all.'

He walked towards the portal with his grip tight on Kyoka Suigetsu. This time, there was no room for error.