twenty; final

The trip back to the tower was much more chaotic than the first

The trip back to the tower was much more chaotic than the first. Steve and Bucky were watching over Dread and Ricky- with whom they had tied up and sedated in the back of the quinjet. Bruce was checking over Peter and Thomas while Katherine, Natalie, and Andrew stood at y/n's side.

"Why is she unconscious?" Katherine asked the two boys. Peter looked over at them as Thomas looked down at his lap, refusing to look at them.

"These wrist bands are part of it, they drain us of our powers and make us exhausted. Then he beat her for trying to escape, then he tried to brainwash her when she tried again. She's probably exhausted." Peter explained, voice breaking towards the end.

Bucky turned his head to look at the group. "Getting brainwashed in that thing is terrible. I can't imagine what it felt like for her. She wasn't in long enough to forget the pain." His voice was sorrowful, staring straight at her face with a sad expression.

Katherine looked down at her friend and moved some hair off of her face and behind her ear. "Will she be okay?" She asked Bruce.

"As soon as Dr Cho gets her wounds fixed then we can be sure she'll be fine. But right now we don't know the internal damage she could have." Bruce explained as he fixed Peters black eye.

Andrew looked down at his hands that had some of her blood on them from when he hugged her not even twenty minutes ago. Natalie covered up his palm with her own by grabbing his hand, giving him a small smile when he looked up at her.

By the time they landed there were already paramedics waiting on the platform with Dr Cho directing them to get y/n off the quinjet.

The door opened and Bruce led y/n down the ramp on the table, the paramedics transferring her to the stretcher and jogging back to the infirmary. The teenagers followed behind immediately but were stopped by Dr Cho.

"You can't come into the infirmary just yet, but I will come and get you once we are done." She sent them a reassuring smile before running into the building after the stretcher.

Tony came up behind them and placed a hand on Peters shoulder. "She'll be fine. Bruce said they just have to check her brain after the attempted brainwash and see if she has any internal damage. Then she'll check over Thomas and Peter." Tony explained to them, patting his shoulder one more time before walking off.

The group of five walked into the building and watched as the stretcher took a sharp turn into the infirmary, the doors closing seconds after.

They sighed and continued on past it to the living room, collapsing on the various couches.

"What's gonna happen to us?" Katherine muttered from next to Natalie, her head on her shoulder.

Andrew curled up against the side of the couch opposite them, hugging a pillow to his chest. "I'm guessing we'll start training with the Avengers. The kids from the home will be put in the foster system."