Working Together

Tank's pov
After getting the news that I would be working on the annual military ball & with Sha no doubt my week went by pretty damn smooth. Today is Monday and me & Sha are meeting up to go over some details and to pick out a location to host the event at, she has four venues for us to look at.

And I honestly don't give a fuck about where we host this shit at, my main concern is getting things wit Sha back on track. She called me this morning and told me to wear a suit but I decide against it. Instead i throw on a red & black button up, a black tie & some black slacks with black wing tip shoes.

Tank^^mm

Tank^^mm

Sha's pov
Today's a very important day I think to myself if we dont pick the perfect venue this whole ball could go to shit. And I'm not having that especially with my name stamped all over. This ball is going to look as good as me. Before I go meet up with Tank I have to stop at two different catering businesses one call Food from Heaven & the other is Satanz dishes (ironic right).

I head  out the door while fixing my white blazer to my suit. I jump on the 95 heading south towards Satanz dishes since it's closer. I walk into the establishment and I'm greeted by the hostess. "Good morning welcome to Satanz Dishes will you be dining in or to go" she said with a smile. Hi I'm Ms. Diaz I have a 8:30 appointment with a Lisa Williams. "One second ma'am let me notify her of your arrival" she says then walks to the back. Out walks a brown skin woman about 5'7 nicely dressed and well put together.

Hello Ms

Hello Ms. Williams I'm Ms. Diaz I say while reaching out to shake her hand. "Pleasure to meet you Ms. Diaz please follow me I just finished setting up a few platters samples for you to view if you would follow me right this way". Thinking to myself I'm liking this place already it's clean & Ms. Williams is very professional that's just what this ball needs.

Lisa's pov
Five years after I messed things up with the love of my life & almost went to prison because Tank's mother swear I set him up, which I had no idea that Tank would try to propose or that Damian would stab him for that matter. When I was finally able to get a hold on my life a yr ago I put my business & chef degrees to work and moved to Texas and started my restaurant. I started catering about eight months ago & it was a good thing I did my business has been thriving because of it. And if I could snag this military ball I know my business will double and I could open a second location.

Ms Diaz here I've prepared brazed lamb with a honey glaze with a hint of mint & hand mashed garlic & herb potatoes please take a bite. I hand her a fork and knife she cuts a small piece and puts it in her mouth she closes her eyes before looking at me shocked. "Oh that's so delicious" she says. Thank you but you still have more to try I step over to the next dish, here I have whipped up alligator gilled to perfection with lemon juice a little black pepper and rosemary. Again she cuts into it and takes a bite...silence fills the room for a few moments and I grow with worry wondering what she's thinking. "Well this dish isn't  quite my style but I feel it could be a hit at the ball we have a lot of southerners attending. Now I'm smiling, then I speak.. well as for our last dish my pastry chef has made a triple german chocolate cake with hazelnut butter cream icing with a hint of coffee. She slices the cake with her fork brings it to her nose & inhales deep. Ms. Diaz speaks before putting the cake into her mouth, "This smell wonderful German chocolate is my favorite" she places the cake into her mouth and taps her feet against the marble floors.
"Yes well so far so good Ms.Williams", "Now I cant promise you the job because I have another catering appointment when I leave but as of now your ahead of the race I tell you that". Thank you Ms. Diaz I shake her hand and walk her to the door. We stop and she turns to me and says "Well the final decision will be made by the end of the day by me and my associate Mr. Caldwell she says that name and I wonder is it him he's the only Caldwell I ever met. I brush the thought off because I'm pretty sure Tank still lives in Atlanta. I thank her again before she leaves and think to myself you got this in the bag.