Distance changes things

Sha's pov
About six months ago I left for a scheduled deployment, I was a extra body to help get things going. I left without talking to Trey and I tired reaching out to him multiple times but got nothing. I mean I called, texted when possible, emailed everything just to at least find out if everyone was okay. I tired to call Mari as well but I guess she got a new number. I don't even know if she's recovered from being shot, to be honest I dont even know the details on how bad her injuries were. So after the fifth month of no replies I stopped trying. I've been home a month now and it's weird to be back and not be in touch with them, but hey I guess that's life right. So I set up a dating profile on dating site called Let's fall in LOVE. I really dont even know why though guess it's cause I'm bored. I'm not really interested in finding love like I was a few months back, hell I actually believed I found it. But I'm past that now, since I set the profile up, I've been on a few dates. All the guys were corny, one guy even told me he still lives with his momma and has six kids, oh trust me I ended that date fast as I could. Today I decided to take myself on a me date is what I'm calling it. I'm going to the spa for a personal body massage, the nail salon for medi & pedi, I'm going to do a little shopping and then I'm treating myself to dinner and wine. I get up and shower and throw on sum basic clothes I'll find the perfect date outfit while shopping but I gotta get dolled up 1st. I make it to the spa and I get the deluxe package, I start off with a sea weed body wrap and facial mask. Next I receive a full Swedish body massage felt so good I drifted off to sleep 💤, then I relaxed in the hot tub with the jets blasting. Once I was done I felt regenerated..shit like a new woman baby. I walked down the block a little ways to get my nails and toes done, once inside I also decided to get my eyebrows waxed. About a hour later I was at the mall splurging on myself, bought items from Chanel, Prada, and my favorite store Dolce & Gabbana. I got dressed in the fitting room and looked in the mirror, damn I look good I said to myself afterwards I grabbed my bags & head out to my dinner date. I arrived at Ruth's Chris Steak House I was placed at my table. After a few moments the waiter came over and I placed my drink and food order. As soon as my waiter left a gentleman came over. He was about 6'2 looked to be about 198lbs with caramel skin, deep waves in his hair, and a neatly trimmed goatee was the only facial hair and it stood out. "Umm excuse me miss I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you look tonight." Why thank you I appreciate it I said. He reaches his hand out "My apologizes I'm Leonard Tyson" I took his hand into mine and shook it. I'm Lia-Sha Diaz lovely to make your acquaintance I replied. "You should take a photo to remember how beautiful you look tonight" I laughed but agreed today was all about me for once and I wanna remember it. I pulled my phone out to take a selfie then Leonard said "Allow me" so I handed him my phone he snapped the picture and after he did I noticed him typing then he handed me my phone back.

Sha^^MM"Well you have a lovely night, I stored my number if you decide you wanna hang out I'll leave that choice up to you" Thank you it was nice to meet you I said

Sha^^MM
"Well you have a lovely night, I stored my number if you decide you wanna hang out I'll leave that choice up to you" Thank you it was nice to meet you I said. "The pleasure was mine" he said then kissed the back of my hand and walked away. My lamb chops and mashed potatoes and a Dirty Martini arrived shortly after. I made it home about 11, I came in a sat on my sectional and debated on texting Leonard but decided against it. I got up and went to shower afterwards I grabbed a bowl of butter pecan ice cream and slid in my bed and turned on a movie. I woke up the next morning and went to the gym after a three hour workout and 1/2 mile run I went to shower. Bored I text Leonard...

Leo
Hey it's Sha how are you

Unknown
I'm fine beautiful didn't think I'd be hearing from you

Leo
Well now your hearing from me lol

Unknown
Well I'm at the office right now how about we grab some lunch around 12

Leo
Sounds good where do you work if you dont mine me asking

Unknown
I don't mind I'm a Lawyer I work for Brown's Law

Leo
Okay well when your ready just send me the location and you can save my number hun

Unknown
Will do hun hit you shortly

I showered and got dressed I tired to keep it simple since I usually over do it when it comes to dressing. I put on a long sleeve fitted top with high waisted shorts and put my hair into a high ponytail. After giving myself a once over in the mirror I was satisfied with my appearance. Just as I was putting my shoes on my phone pinged.

 Just as I was putting my shoes on my phone pinged

Leo
Ready to eat? Meet me at 1267 Lincoln Blvd

Sha
Okay see you shortly

I grabbed my purse and threw it over my should and headed out. I pulled into the parking lot 10mins later. I walked in & seen Leo sitting by the window as I was approaching the table he stood to his feet and met me half way, pulling me into a hug and kissed my cheek. "It's lovely to see you again didn't think I'd get this opportunity." I blushed it's nice to see you too, your looking very nice today. "Thank you but you look better", I laugh and we sat at the table, the lunch went smoothly as we ate and got to know each other. I didnt even realize it was going on 3:30 omg Leonard I'm sorry but I have to go I didn't notice the time. "Me too my lunch break ended two hrs ago" he chuckled. We embraced and went our separate ways.