Losing her

Two weeks later

Dom's pov
Mari was doing fine after her surgery, and I was by her side day & night her room was filled with yellow long stem roses that I ordered daily. She had cards and balloons everywhere as well. After she received the second blood transfusion things went down hill. Her body rejected the blood and she became weak and slipped into a coma. The doctor gave her two more transfusions and thankfully her body didn't reject them. But she still hasn't awaken from the coma yet. Even though she's here physically, she's not here mentally & emotionally. And I need her here for that because I feel like I'm losing her. I just ordered her fresh roses for the day and I'm placing them in a vase when I hear her voice "Excuse me sir."

Kamari's pov
I wake up in the hospital, but I dont know why I'm here, I glance over and notice a stranger in my room. Excuse me sir I say, he turns in my direction and runs over to the bed and grabs my hand "Babe I'm so happy your awake." Babe I snatch my hand from his, I'm not your babe. Why are you in here I dont even know you. I try to sit up some more but I'm sore and I feel pain in my back near my ribs. I watch the man get up and go to the door, then I watch him walk to the nurses station and he comes back in with several nurses. "Hello I'm your RN Paige & this is your LPN Laurel." "Is it okay if we ask you a few questions before I get your Doctor" I nod then Paige starts to ask me questions.

Paige- What is your full name
Mari- Kamari Joy Caldwell
Paige-How old are you
Mari- 22 or 23 not sure
Paige- Do you have any siblings
Mari- No
Paige-What happened to put you in the hospital
Mari- I don't Know
Paige- Are you engaged
Mari- What No!
Paige- Where'd you get the beautiful ring
Mari- Umm 😐 I don't know

Kamari's pov
I dropped my head in shame knowing I didn't know the answers to the nurses questions. The man stood to his feet and walked towards the bed, he reached for me and I flinched. He sighed aloud then said "Kamari I love you, always have always will...your my fiancé and nothing is going to change that." What's your name I asked, "Dominique Jarrell Lowe" he said then he kissed my hand and walked out of the room. A few moments later a doctor walked into the room. "Hello Ms. Caldwell I'm Dr. White" she says, oh umm hello I replied. "So the nurse tells me your having trouble remembering people in your life" The nurse is mistaken Dr. White the only person in my life is my mother, Kamyra Caldwell my father left when I was seven I said. "Ms.Caldwell I'm sorry to inform you that your suffering from a mild case of Amnesia." What no your wrong I know what's happening in my life I yell. "Ms Caldwell it's okay to be frightened, let me explain to you why your here." After telling me the reason for my hospital stay she tells me I need to start physical therapy soon & start working with one the Psychologist to help with my memory. I sat in the hospital bed & tired to see if what Dom told me when Dr. White left the room made any sense. But for the life of me I couldn't recall growing up with a older brother and I definitely didn't remember Dom. I mean he seems like a sweet guy but just not my type of guy. I like nerds, the kind of men I'd prefer to date are polished over, very book smart. And Dom doesn't fit into that profile, he's rough around the edges and seems very ghetto, although he is sexy to look at... I bet he's a drug dealer I think to myself.