Calm Before The Storm

In District 9, the next day...

Chan woke up to the sound of thunder rumbling, which definitely wasn't normal. Chan frowned as he slowly, and quietly got off of the mattress, opened the bus door and looked outside.

The clouds that seemed so far away were very dark, darker than the storm that had happened yesterday. However, it would be a long while before that storm would reach District 9, as it had probably just reached District 1.

It was calm, but it was a little too quiet. Jooheon, JB, Jackson and BamBam were the only other ones awake, so Chan left the bus and walked over to stand beside Jooheon who looked furious.

"Had a little chat with Seokjin last night" Jooheon gritted his teeth together.

Chan sighs heavily, shaking his head.

"Honestly, it's pointless trying to talk to him, he's so fucking dense nowadays" Chan scoffs.

"To think we were friends with him at one point!" Jooheon exclaims, glaring at nothing in particular.

Chan looks over to where BamBam and Jackson were sparring. Despite only being humans, both Jackson and JB were unbelievably strong. Just then, Minho had exited the tent he now shared with Jisung, Seungmin and Jeongin, yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"Glad to see you're awake now Minho" Jackson smirked, blocking another blow from BamBam.

BamBam glanced at Minho, smirking briefly before Jackson throws a wooden sword over to Minho.

"Aw come on, I just woke up" Minho complains.

"Yeah, I'll pretend to believe that. Your hair is definitely messier than all the last times you just woke up" Jackson deadpanned.

BamBam chuckled, laughing harder at the blush that stained Minho's cheeks.

"S-shut up!" Minho exclaimed.

"Come on then and make me" Jackson smirked, twirling his wooden sword in his hand.

Minho picked up the wooden sword that was near him, huffing cutely as he walked over to where Jackson was.

"I don't even know how to use one of these things!" Minho pouted.

"Just watch my movements, my footwork, but don't look down" Jackson smirked.

Minho sputtered, raising his eyebrows.

"So how the fuck do you expect me to pay attention to your footwork then!?" Minho scoffed.

'He's getting bolder...' Chan thought, nodding to himself.

Minho definitely had the same spirit as Felix, but he was a lot shyer and didn't show it as much, but everyone could see it. Minho had potential to be just as strong as Felix, and just as confident even though he was only human.

JB then walked over to where Jooheon and Chan stood, sighing softly.

"Bammie told us what happened" Jaebum's expression darkened, "and I think there's something you should know"

"What is it? What happened?" Chan was worried now.

"We saw Lisa jump that fence earlier in the morning, when it was still relatively dark" Jaebum was referring to the fence with the gate that had the three deadbolt locks on it, "we think she may be planning to release the creatures on the other side"

"Those monsters listen to no one. Shed get town to pieces in there, and for all our sakes, I hope she does" Chan spat.

"You know how manipulative she is. As insane as those creatures are, they still have hearts. She could use something against them, you never know" Jooheon speaks up, glancing at Chan.

Chan sighed heavily, rubbing his forehead.

"This is gonna turn into a battle, isn't it?" Chan sighed.

"No...it's gonna turn into an all out fucking war" Jaebum frowned.

Chan growled in annoyance, looking over to the dark clouds that were slowly getting closer and closer. It was calm right then; no wind blew, and it was silent save for wood clashing against wood coming from Jackson and Minho's sparring.

It was the calm before the storm

Oh mai gawd it's a triple update guys! Lol, how did I go from 'not really wanting to update' earlier today to 'triple update'? Don't worry guys, I'm fine now. My 'not emotionally okay' state has left the building for now