Chapter 5

"What's wrong?" I asked, worriedly. Sophie was never this serious about something. It was... kinda unsettling.

Screw it, it was very unsettling: to be honest, I was kinda expecting Sophie to go all wild on me and tear me to pieces.

Yes, she was that scary.

"Charles... he told me something yesterday," Sophie began, quietly, "I lashed out on him again and...he got fed up and... he told me," Sophie released a loud pained sob, "He told me what happened when he was there... when he returned to Arthur after betraying us... God, Lisa, it was horrible!"

I wrapped my arms around Sophie as she continued to cry. Although she hated Charles's guts, I knew a small part of her still cared for him.

"I feel so horrible," Sophie mumbled, in a pained voice, "Every time I'd hurt him physically, I'd open his stitches and he wouldn't even complain! For goodness sake _ we didn't even know he had stitches in the first place! He remained silent about it until he went back to the nurse!"

Sophie was getting to a point where she became hysterical. After a few months of being so cruel to Charles, she finally felt guilty.

Even though I felt slight sympathy towards her, I still worried more about Charles _ I mean, he must've gone through hell for Sophie to feel so guilty.

"Now will you stop being a bleeper to him?" I practically begged, causing Sophie to look up at me and nod slowly.

"I'll stop pushing him away," was all she replied with before turning back to me and saying, "But we will never be as close as we were. Not now."

I smiled before shrugging. I didn't care how close those two became _ all I wanted was for her to stop hurting Charles.

Now that she knew how much damage she was causing, she finally realised how bad her actions were.

About bleeping time!

"That doesn't matter. Just put the poor guy out of his misery and talk to him _ I'll go and tell Ash and Max so you can spend the day with lover boy," I teased, causing Sophie to roll her eyes and punch me. Hard.

"Bleeping hell, woman! What's your hand made of, steel?" I yelled after she punched me.

What scared me was that the punch was a playful one... that's why you should never get into a fight with a Regall.

Sophie simply rolled her eyes before walking away in the direction of what I believed to be Charles's room.

I smiled softly before turning around and heading to Max's room.

After walking through the familiar corridors, I reached the door and knocked on it.

Then I decided to just open the door seen as no one answered.

Oh boy, do I wish I didn't.

"OH MY BLEEPING GOODNESS!" I yelled loudly before covering my poor, innocent eyes up.

It's official, Maxine and Ash are the worst.

Don't worry, they weren't doing that. (pretty sure if they were, I'd have grabbed some holy water within ten seconds!)

Anyway, when I walked into the room, the two of them were kissing. No, not just a simple peck or anything, like a kiss kiss _ you know what I mean, right?

After my loud yell, the two of my friends sprang apart, with their faces completely red, even more so when I raised my eyebrows.

"W-what," Ash then stopped, coughing slightly, seen as his voice was incredibly hoarse, "What are you doing here?"