Chapter 6

Lunch was incredibly tense.

Despite my calm demeanour, I was furious at Jamie. Not only did he yell at me for no reason, but he also didn't even try to tell me what was wrong.

Somehow, that hurt me a whole lot more than it should've.

Unfortunately, the grumpy bleeper sat right next to me, causing nothing but an awkward silence to fill the room

"What happened with those two?" I heard Leo ask Sophie, causing her to shrug.

"They're probably gonna be back to normal in the morning," Sophie replied nonchalantly, barely batting an eyelash at what was going on.

To be honest, I couldn't blame her, to any normal onlooker, this would look exactly like a normal fight.

Sighing, I stood up, tired of Jamie's useless attempts before walking out of the dining room without a word.

Jamie stood up and followed me out of the room, "We need to talk," he said once he caught up with me.

"A little too late don't you think?" I replied bitterly, causing Jamie to sigh.

"You know about my anger issues, Lisa," Jamie sighed, "I never think clearly when I'm angry. I didn't mean to yell at you."

We got to my room so I quickly rushed into it and slammed the door in Jamie's face.

"Can you leave me alone now? Go set up a meeting or something _ you guys need some sort of plan for when we leave," I called out.

"Nope," Jamie replied stubbornly, "If we're coming up with a plan, we need you in there with us. You're our leader after all."

"Oh please! We can't be a team if we don't communicate and clearly, you are not communicating. Therefore, I refuse to cooperate with you," I snapped.

"Look, I was mad because was worried about you. You were about to go on a suicide mission and I know that when the time comes, you'd be happy enough to sacrifice yourself! I just got mad at you and snapped. That doesn't matter now, though, we need you in this meeting, please Lisa," he begged. Bleep the desperation in his voice! Bleep it all!

"I'll go with you. But if you think I've forgiven you, I will literally murder you with a toothbrush!" I threatened as a booming laugh sounded from the other side of the door.

"I don't doubt you'd be able to do that," I opened my door to reveal a beaming Jamie. I almost smiled back however held myself back.

Didn't wanna get too cosy just yet.

For a few seconds, the two of us didn't speak. We just walked in content silence.

"Sophie's bringing the others to the dining room _ let's head there now," Jamie said after the few seconds of wonderful silence.

"Ok," I simply replied as the two of us walked towards the dining room _ which seems to be more of a meeting room by now.

When we entered, all eyes snapped in our direction. Bleeping hell _ what was so exciting about two people entering the room?

"Did you make up?" Sophie blurted.

"Yes... no... umm... kinda?" Jamie replied, looking at me, begging with his eyes for me to help him.

I simply shrugged my shoulders innocently, smirking at him cockily. I'll let him suffer through this for a few minutes then I might have mercy on him. Might.

"Anyway," Charles butted in before Sophie asked any other questions, causing Jamie to look at him gratefully, "What are we here for?"

"Oh right! We need to plan. Like a lot," I replied feel slightly flustered when everyone turned to me even though Jamie was the one who set this meeting up in the first place.

"How about we start with where Arthur is in the first place?" Sophie suggested before looking over at Charles.

"Oh, right. Can someone get me a map?" He asked politely.

"On it!" Ash saluted before teleporting away, coming back with a few scrolls, "Apparently there are like a dozen maps here."

Maxine just took a random one from the pile and rolled it out to reveal an incredibly detailed map of the whole world.

"Thanks," Charles flashed Ash a grateful smile before looking down at the map thoughtfully, "If memory serves me right, the realm of darkness should me about... here."

He pointed at a large, empty chunk of land besides Tempus and traced a circle with his finger around the land.

"The kingdom is much larger than this but no Celestian other than me has made it that far without dying," Charles then explain.

"Ash," I began, causing him to look at me, "How far can you teleport us?"

He thought for a few seconds before pointing at a forest literally a few metres away from Magus Academy's entrance.

"Bleep," I mumbled, "Do you know any teleporter who could get us further away from here?"

I heard Ash curse under his breath before avoiding my gaze completely. Maxine mumbled a few things into his ear, causing him to subtlety shake his head.

"You know you can't hide anything from us, right?" Charles asked, smirking at Ash's obvious discomfort.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Maxine finally said, "Ash has an older brother _ Jack. He lives on Earth now but knows a whole lot about the geography of Celestiam. He'll get us further than Ash for sure."

Ash glared at Maxine, causing her to glare back at him.

"Maxine does have a point, " I added, "If this Jack dude can get us closer to Arthur, then we need him with us."

Ash looked at everyone's expectant gazes before letting his eyes linger on Maxine. I saw her nod encouragingly, causing him to sigh.

Awwww! *squeals*

"Fine. But if he causes any trouble, don't come running back to me, begging me to take him back to Earth," Ash warned.

Oooh, family drama.