Chapter [40] Too Good at Goodbyes

Chapter Forty:

One Week Later (Thursday Afternoon)

"So." I rolled my eyes.

Morgan replicated my actions. "So? What."

"He's not yours. He's mine, pick another person." I tapped my chin. "I got it, you can have Liam."

My mom walked into the kitchen as me and Morgan were going back and forth with each-other. "What are you girls bickering over now?" She asked.

We were arguing over one direction members.

"Mom, could you PLEASE tell Ivy that Zayn is mine and not hers-." Morgan exaggerated.

I cut her off. "No way. I saw him first. I told you, you could have Liam." I shrugged.

She sighed. "First of all, I don't want Liam. And secondly, you did not see him first, we saw him simultaneously."

"Lie." I commented. "You were sneezing and your eyes weren't focused on the tv when he appeared." I smirked proudly.

"LIES." Morgan shouted. "I actually saw him when he was on the X-Factor, so therefore, I will kindly take him off of your hands."

My mom finally chimed in. "Who is this Zayn person? And why are you arguing over him.?"

I scrolled on my phone and pulled up a picture of him and showed my mom.

"Oh wow, he is handsome." She looked highly impressed. "Morgan isn't that the young boy we saw while watching that show you like?"

"Aha!" Morgan chirped. "Sorry, Ivy. Maybe some other time." She grinned, taking a bite of her apple.

Ugh, well that sucks.

I went up to my room and coincidentally Skylor was calling to facetime from my macbook.

"Hey." I smiled. I pulled my chair from my desk and sat down.

"Hey babe. You busy today?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. Why?"

"The guys are leaving today to go back to home. Probably won't be seeing them for awhile since they'll all be in college. Thought maybe you'd want to stop by and hang out before they left."

And now it's starting. Everyone is splitting up. I didn't want anyone to leave. I liked having everyone here for the summer and we'd all hang out all the time. But I knew this was inevitable . "Yeah, sure."

He started laughing out of nowhere.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you laughing at?" His laugh was contagious so I cracked a smile.

"The jacket you're wearing now." He laughed some more. "I just remember you wearing that bright pink jacket the day you started working at my folk's place."

I scoffed. "It's vintage, okay?" I laughed.

*flashback*

Oh come on, Ivy don't be a baby." He chuckled.

"Ivy." He caught up with me. "Where you going?"

"Work." I bluntly stated.

"What? You have a job?" He scoffed.

He was quiet for a moment. "Well let me take you."

"No thanks I'll walk." I assured.

"Either you let me take you or I'm gonna follow you to work and stay there for the whole night."