Chapter [28] Him

Chapter Twenty-Eight:

"So, is everyone ready?" One of my teachers asked as we adjusted our seat belts.

A series of yeah's were being reciprocated as he gave the signal for the bus driver to slowly part from our school.

It was Saturday and the week had gone by pretty hastily. Today was also game day and a bunch of students including myself, piled into the busses that headed to Brooklyn in support to cheer on the basketball team during their state championship game.

"I'm so nervous and I'm not even playing in the game." Meredith exhaled.

"I know right. I haven't even been here a month, yet I feel like my life depends on this." I let out a nervous chuckle.

From my understanding, the school hasn't had good athletics in the past, but last year the basketball team made it to city, but they lost. Now it's an entirely new year and the fate of most of the guy's college careers depends on this game. Especially the captain, Clay.

I heard my phone buzzing in my pocket so I quickly took it out to see who it was.

"My sister's face-timing me." I said to Meredith as I pressed answer.

"Hey, what's up?" I said.

"You'll never guess who's here. Well in Manhattan." She grinned from ear to ear.

"Who?" I furrowed my brows. I didn't really have a clue about anyone I knew being there or for what reason.

She practically yelled. "Chandler!"

"Really? Why?" I gasped.

"He and a couple other students on their debate team are gonna be here for a week for the young ambassador's program." She said.

"Wow. That's pretty cool." I smiled.

"He's coming over for dinner tonight so I thought I would just give you the heads up." She nodded.

"Okay cool. Later." I waved.

I ended my facetime call with Morgan.

The other team was up by four. There was two seconds left on the clock and we were in the fourth quarter. Things were not looking too good for us. The entire arena was quiet, everyone standing trying to see if some miracle would happen.

After the twenty second time out, the referee was standing next to Aaron so that he could in bounds the basketball. Clay was standing mid court. When the referee signaled the time to start he gave the ball to Aaron. At this point everyone was silent, looking at the players on the court running around trying to find an open shot. Clay ran to the end of the court and waved to Aaron. He launched the ball to Clay and with one dribble he took the shot for three.

Two seconds left. Aaron lobs the ball downcourt, Clay takes a dribble, shoots for three...

*whistle blowing*

AND IT'S GOOD! CLAY BISHOFF HAS THE CHANCE TO MAKE THIS A FOUR POINT PLAY AND SEND THIS GAME INTO OVERTIME!

The crowd went crazy. Clay just made an insane three and can now tie the game with a free throw because he was fouled. Me and Meredith were jumping up and down because it was such a great play.