Ice Cream

As I head out of the place along with the other boys, I turn to make sure that I wasn't forgetting anything.

Over the last two hours, I was able to create a bond with them. They know me very well and it's been a long time since I have ever made friends before.

Although they are criminals at heart, I don't judge a book by it's summary. I judge it by it's story.

I turn back to see Jimin standing alone, as the others get inside the big white van. I decided to give him a small talk, to see if he was missing something.

"Hey Jimin, waiting for something?"

He nodded, grinning.

"I was actually waiting for you."

I smile back, "Oh, can I help you?"

My voice fell into a robotic sound towards the end, as I try not to sound like those workers at store asking customers if they need anything every five minutes.

"Are you free Saturday? I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me?"

He smiled as he looked down. He was adorable, I have to admit.

But it wasn't good enough. I did my research for a reason, and I'm not going to give myself out that easily. Come on, the seducer of the group asking if I want to "hang out"? I'm better than that.

"Ah, I wish Jimin. I have certain plans to do that day. Maybe next time?"

His smile still somehow managed to stay on his face. Except this time, it looked like it was more so forced than genuine.

Just then Taehyung popped out of the van.

"Jimin, you coming in or what?"

He then clicks his tongue from the roof of his mouth, after seeing me with Jimin.

"Ahh, two lovebirds huh. Oh, Jihyo. Need a ride?"

I shook my head, "I'll be walking home tonight."

Jimin interrupts, "In those heels?"

I nodded, chuckling delicately again.

"C'mon Jimin, get in." Taehyung says, as he comes outside of the van.

"Good night Jihyo." He says, before going back inside the van.

I waved, leaving me and Taehyung outside.

Taehyung knocked the van, then put two fingers together motioning to go forward. The van took off, and was gone in plain sight.

"Why didn't you go?"

He smiled a boxy smile.

"You really think I'm going to let a beautiful girl, in heels, walk home by herself?"

I smiled at the compliment he gave me. Throughout the night, he's been watching me closely. The only pair of eyes that stayed on mine.

But I forgot, this man can read people. He can tackle my weaknesses. I fortunately only have one weakness, but it's too big that I could be defeated easily. And that's love.

"You know, although I'm wearing heels I still will feel pain even if you're with me?"

He grinned again, giving sugar to my joke.

"Just look at me, and all pain will be gone."

"Literally." I mumble.

I start walking as he walks beside me, I decided to go through the park since it's late into the night and that's what people do in kdramas when one girl and one boy is walking together. Just trying to live the best life.

I notice at the corner of my eye that he was wearing a green ring, and I remember reading about this earlier.

"That ring is beautiful,"

I say as I lift up his hand without thinking.

"Where did you get this?"

He stops walking for me to examine it. The ring was just a silver band, but an oval stone that was green was in the middle. It had the silver band going outside of the stone, and it shimmered too.

"I got it from my mom. She passed away, and gave me this ring to keep. In remembrance of her."

He looked down, but his head was still held high. I let go of his hand, as it falls down to his side. We continued our walk.

"I bet your mother was beautiful."

He laughed, "She certainly was. Where else do you think I get these looks?"

His eyebrows raised up, and went up and down like a creepy pervert would do.

I laugh, playfully punching him on the shoulder.

In front of us was an ice cream stand. It was quite small, and the sellers were about ten years younger then myself.

One girl with beautiful long hair came up to us, "Hi! Would you like to buy ice cream? The money would go to help support our school."

I searched inside my pockets and wallet to find some cash, but I couldn't find anything.

"I'm sorry I only have a credit card."

She kept smiling, looking over to see Taehyung. She stuck her hand out and placed it next to her mouth, as she comes forward, I do as well.

"Why don't you ask your boyfriend?" She whispers, then gives me a wink.

I sarcastically chuckle.

"Ha, wow. Him.. My boyfriend? Look we are jus-"

Just as I was about to explain Taehyung raises some money in the air.

"Looks like your boyfriend has some. Here, take it."

He gives it to the kid, as she smiles to go get ice cream.

I look over blankly at him, "Seriously? Boyfriend?"

He shrugged, "I didn't take it into offense."

I laughed as he joined.

"Mrs. Lee?"

I look over to find secretary Kim at a distance. I waved but wondered what was he doing here at the park? I then realized I was with Taehyung.

And if he tells my dad about me in a park  late at night with a man, I can lose that spot in a blink of an eye.

I'm either going to be dead meat or at least close to it.

-

A/N

I hope Taehyung is doing okay, I heard about the sad story of his grandfather.

We can lose the people closest to us at any second of any day, so don't take it for granted and take care of those around you. 💜

-Linds